Poll: Are you reasonably experienced and have you crashed your phantom?

Have you crashed your phantom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
The purpose of this poll is to determine how reliable these things are. If you crashed your phantom, but, it was clearly due to stupidity/risky behavior/inexperience (I.E. it could have been easily avoided), DO NOT count it. I am only interested in crashes by reasonably experienced people under normal operation in non-risky terrain. If you haven't experienced a crash of this nature vote no crash.

I save the crashing for the little JJRC and Hubsan units. I fly super conservative with the Phantom.

Reactions: rmfa
Phantom 2
Phantom 2 vision +
Inspire 1
P3 advanced
And now P4.
No crashes ,never a problem but thanks for jinx me

Reactions: BigAl07
30 years of video gaming has certainly helped a lot. The controls seem easy to pick up and the mechanics are very solid. First flight was over a lake. No accidents... 22 flights in. thankfully.

You'll never get any base off a thread like this.

Experienced drone operators, rarely crash....

Inexperienced drone operators do crash and when they do, it's always the drones fault.

Been there done that watched it happen first hand in the ten years or so I've been flying. People do weird things to a controller when things start going south.... These machines are very reliable.

I've read of a few mishaps and even one with a flight log to show inputs on a P4. This is what I can gather and will say it appeared to be a fault of DJI. The pilot, inexperienced, had the geo fence set at XX meters. The home location jumped to a new spot outside of the set geo fence. The quad flew off to get back into its geo fence. You could see the pilot giving the correct inputs to the TX. In ten years of flying rc aircraft, this is the only account I've seen with a log to back it up. BUT, had he been more experienced, maybe the fence would have never been set, but who knows for sure. If you search for faults, it's rare to see a log posted with it....... Most reports say ,"my drone crashed and now DJI owes me a new one".

And one last thing,.... Forums are full of negative feedback. It's almost all negative. Meaning almost every informative post starts with a question of why this happening. You don't have people on here saying, " ya my quad is flying great, wanna talk about it?" No. People post on forums when they have problems, not when things are going good, so collecting info from a forum about reliability is probably not the best course:)

Reactions: LameDuck and N017RW
41 years R/C aircraft (still learning) experience

Phantom had one incident while landing on a ski slope filming for a commercial job. Was very windy and landing on a slope the aircraft toppled over. No damage but an "incident" none the less.

Rock solid platform IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers