(Not to poo-poo on your point GnN)

In other news:
"Sex offender drove car with back-up camera to N.C. State Fairgrounds"

"Sex offender made phone calls with a cellphone which contained a camera"

(Not to poo-poo on your point GnN)

In other news:
"Sex offender drove car with back-up camera to N.C. State Fairgrounds"

"Sex offender made phone calls with a cellphone which contained a camera"
Not to poo poo your analogy, but it is ok to drive a car with a back up camera to a fair.
It is ok to make phone calls on a cell phone. It is ok to take photos with a cell phone camera.

But in North Carolina it is illegal (a misdemeanor) to fly a drone over a crowd.

If you want to criticize the headline, contact the editor.
:)

Not to poo poo your analogy, but it is ok to drive a car with a back up camera to a fair.
It is ok to make phone calls on a cell phone. It is ok to take photos with a cell phone camera.

But in North Carolina it is illegal (a misdemeanor) to fly a drone over a crowd.

If you want to criticize the headline, contact the editor.
:)

It was tongue-in-cheek.

You must be a bit 'wound up' with your recent exchange w/Mr. Mann.

What does being a sex offender have to do with?: "But in North Carolina it is illegal (a misdemeanor) to fly a drone over a crowd."

It was tongue-in-cheek.

You must be a bit 'wound up' with your recent exchange w/Mr. Mann.

What does being a sex offender have to do with?: "But in North Carolina it is illegal (a misdemeanor) to fly a drone over a crowd."
LOL, I am wound up! Mr. Mann always does that to me....wait - that didn't sound right.

I thought it was a funny headline and was disappointed that the article wasn't more entertaining.
I think we all realize what the headline was doing - generating attention and clicks.

Sorry that I was snarky and took your tongue in cheek to be more personal. My bad.

Reactions: dirkclod and N017RW
LOL, I am wound up! Mr. Mann always does that to me....wait - that didn't sound right.

theshining-1427212867.gif

State Fair Ground is a "state park"... and a no fly zone

here is the local Raleigh news report
Flying drone at State Fair lands Raleigh man in jail :: WRAL.com

guy had dope on him, registered offender.... looks like something Darwin was talking about. Think he was from Durham Dirk

whats that saying... "you can't fix stupid?"

Last edited:
State Fair Ground is a "state park"... and a no fly zone

here is the local Raleigh news report
Flying drone at State Fair lands Raleigh man in jail :: WRAL.com

guy had dope on him, registered offender.... looks like something Darwin was talking about. Think he was from Durham Dirk

whats that saying... "you can't fix stupid?"
Wouldn't doubt it . They were crazy folks there when I grew up there so I can't imagine now :)
Well there's one gone...in MS ;)

more like this will pop up as the gvt tries to pass their reg and ban on quads.

I'm very surprised the headline didn't disclose his/her ethnicity or sexual orientation! I mean really. "Sex Offender" - why does that matter? Is there a law that says they can't fly drones? Are they hoping people will read the article, look for something perverted that he/she was attempting to do with the drone?

I like the "Flying drone lands man in jail" title. That isn't misleading at all. Now the people who only scan the headlines will see one of us flying and think we are doing something illegal.

Lesson learned. Don't fly high. Keep your illegal drugs somewhere else.

Jimmy

I'm very surprised the headline didn't disclose his/her ethnicity or sexual orientation! I mean really. "Sex Offender" - why does that matter? Is there a law that says they can't fly drones? Are they hoping people will read the article, look for something perverted that he/she was attempting to do with the drone?

I like the "Flying drone lands man in jail" title. That isn't misleading at all. Now the people who only scan the headlines will see one of us flying and think we are doing something illegal.

Lesson learned. Don't fly high. Keep your illegal drugs somewhere else.

Jimmy
I agree. If he flew over a nudist colony the headline would have been relevant.

But man, work "sex offender" and "drone" into one headline and you've struck media gold!

Reactions: JamesD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl