PolarPro LED lights

I like your way of thinking, and clear explanation of those thoughts.
But beyond up close orientation, and with little to no VLOS at much longer distance and greater heights. For many here, that would take a much brighter lighting system than those weaker, coloured led sets can provide, for my needs. If I only flew around a back yard, or in a near community park, at low angles, they would be excellent and adequate for even me. But they aren't really of any other use. Without the drone, they are actually nearly useless and of no other advantage. Unlike my choice, which have numerous settings, and brightness values. Infact, you couldn't count the innumerable sequences or of varied different ways I could use them, and will/do.
Just multiply ten power settings by three strobe modes to begin...

RedHotPoker

The Lume Cube gets hot fast. Leave it on for 5 min. You wont be able to hold it. It gets pretty hot.
Not to good for drones.

That must have been a wonderful trip. Sounds like the drone has been neglected. All your flight batteries will need charging. Why Didn't you have the fortune of flying and capturing wonderful video from your travels?
You most likely have really missed it? Enjoy those first few flights. ;-)

Lume Cubes: every little thing you do is Magic!!
I know you will appreciate the fine quality, and awesome functionality of your lume cubes when they arrive. I hope your photography will pop with them onboard.
My experience: after ordering I was anticipating mine to show up in a few or three days, and they had ramped up my shipping and sent them UPS overnight. Wow, I had mine in less than 24hr from time of payment. To me that's A+Customer Service. ;-)
So knowing just how well they take care of us respected customers, means a lot to me. Heck these cubes aren't cheap, but there is zero, nothing low quality about them either. You will see what I mean, when you take them out of the white boxes. Feel the fit, finish and weight.

I can already see myself getting another set. Heck, I may even pop for four... Haha yeah, These would make awesome $tocking $tuffers for my nephews. Merry Christmas, they're all toting iPhones too.

Home at last... Well, we all hope you had a wonderful travel, & now it's back to business and everyday life. Which happens to be pretty darn nice for many of us around here. Haha

RedHotPoker

It was business travel in South America. I didn't want to risk possible damage or a badly planned flight.
I might go back in January, so maybe next time.
Will take my Cubes if I do.

The Lume Cube gets hot fast. Leave it on for 5 min. You wont be able to hold it. It gets pretty hot.
Not to good for drones.
Not " too" good, How so? They are not Too too bad either... Haha

My intelligent flight battery packs gets up to a right good temperature too, while within the drone. Ah, we still fly well enough. No negatives or complaints. Often slide in a fresh pack and take off immediately again. I never heard a word, like, "Oh sh!t it's getting hot up in here!"

I have picked up a cube that was left on while charging and yes, we could play hot potatoes with it. But that's not why I bought them. Ha
But I like it hot, and can prove that by looking inside my spice cub board.

RedHotPoker

It was business travel in South America. I didn't want to risk possible damage or a badly planned flight.
I might go back in January, so maybe next time.
Will take my Cubes if I do.
An ultimate dream trip, or business class nightmare?
I have often had pleasant dreams and fantasies. About South America too... Most of them revolved-around, with singer Shakira.

Hope you do go back, with the drone, Lume Cubes and several medium sized sd cards. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Well the mounts are 3D printed and I can tell you if they got "too too hot" they would melt that 3D printed mount in a hurry. But that's not the case.

Leave your 3D printed anything in the car in Phoenix one day and see what happens! You'll come back to a puddle!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

But beyond up close orientation, and with little to no VLOS at much longer distance and greater heights. For many here, that would take a much brighter lighting system than those weaker, coloured led sets can provide, for my needs.
At what height and distance did they fail you when you tried the polar pro kit? What is your typical distance and height needs?

Well the mounts are 3D printed and I can tell you if they got "too too hot" they would melt that 3D printed mount in a hurry. But that's not the case.

Leave your 3D printed anything in the car in Phoenix one day and see what happens! You'll come back to a puddle!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Constantly in the breeze, I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S, and live in Alberta.
Apparently it used to get to hot up here too, and we have the dinosaur bones to prove it. Hahaha
Yeah, but not so much, the last few eons. Sure, it was humid, then the rain came, then an ice age, now we luxuriate. With four seasons. Like Jersey Boys, eh? Ha
We Love 3D up here, especially if it's in Canadian IMAX format...
My cubes are cool, and they have a builtin heat synch. Great design.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
At what height and distance did they fail you when you tried the polar pro kit? What is your typical distance and height needs?
Sorry, & please Excuse me, but I started right at the top. So no lesser of two evils for this pilot. I have only been in the rich seats. Up in first class accommodations, and could only guess what goes on behind curtain number two. A forum friend who I have flown with, has a small but strong LED light source, on his Phantom 3, that also runs on its own battery. But that isn't for photography, any more than those $35 GoPro LED ribbons are designed for. You guys are trying to compare a bright spotlight to a key fob LED. What is the actual argument?
I can see my Lume Cubes for several miles away, in bright sunlight.
Much farther than those will allow. What testing do need to do? I have an ultimate solution, without testing, failing, rebuy, rinse and repeat!

Different class, different league. No argument here, just clear evidence. But YMMV, and that's always a good thing.
Discussion and communication is most enjoyable and always quite educational. If nothing more we learn to respect others choices and opinions, even if they are wearing a hood, of different stripes. Hey, if you like pink polkadots, who am I to judge? Chuckles

RedHotPoker

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers