PolarPro filters for P3S issues

Reaction score
I got my set today at Best Buy for $14.99 and tried the ND4 this afternoon. This just slips over the P3 Standard's lens--not as easy as it sounds--but after placing it in position, it hit the Gimbal Guard below so I removed guard before powering on drone.

Does anyone not have this problem with the Standard and the filter hitting the gimbal guard?

Also does the filter affect the camera when rotating towards POI? Like too heavy?

does the filter affect the camera when rotating towards POI? Like too heavy?
The extra weight shouldn't be a problem. Many people are using those PolarPro filters.

Thanks
Is it possible that I haven't pushed filter all the way on and that is why it is hitting the gimbal guard?

Which gimbal guard are you using?

DJI does not make a gimbal guard. Can you post a photo of what you're referring to?

Sorry it has DJI on the guard so I thought it was made by DJI :)

Phantom-3-Gimbal-Guard.jpg

There are lots of P3 guards like that one. Perhaps you can find one that sits back a little bit further.

The extra weight shouldn't be a problem. Many people are using those PolarPro filters.
I used this yesterday for the first time and after a few minutes of flying, the gimbal wouldn't tilt up, but it would go down. If I landed it, turned it off and restarted it without the ND filter, it would once again tilt up. I really love the look but concerned about the affect on the gimbal and also about compromising the shot I'd like to get. Time to save up for a Phantom 4...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20