PolarPro Cinema Series filters

Most of this is assuming you are shooting video. Still photography has many of the same issues but you'll be able to use the PL filters more than in video because stills do not show the shifting PL effect like video does. The issue with video is that the changes in the polarization effect is very obvious with video as the scene view changes. Not so much with still photography so you can use your PL filters more often in still photography than video. That is unless you are using the still images in a sequence situation, as in displaying sequential images together... Or stitching multiple images together into a panorama, in which case you definitely do not want to use a PL filter.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just got my Polarpro Cinema Series filters for my Phantom 4! Where are you guys getting that cool protective case for them?

Attachments

• IMG_6079.JPG
    IMG_6079.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 479
Vouch for this company. I emailed them after buying my two sets, and they sent me a extra gimble lock for it.. Shipping was extremely fast, got mine next day.

Reactions: PolarPro
Hi Jeff, just received my cinema series filters but the gimbal guard was not in the package. I was under the impression it was to be included when I sent you the email with purchase confirmation. Will it be arriving in a separate package.

I was just asked to film a 5k run for my company picnic. I don't know a whole lot on how to maximize the camera settings on the P4. I will be buying the PolarPro Cinema set with the ND4PL, ND8PL, and ND16PL filters. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to best shoot the run at approximately 8am. Unsure what the weather will be like on June 4th in Southern California. Any help would be appreciated.

I was just asked to film a 5k run for my company picnic. I don't know a whole lot on how to maximize the camera settings on the P4. I will be buying the PolarPro Cinema set with the ND4PL, ND8PL, and ND16PL filters. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to best shoot the run at approximately 8am. Unsure what the weather will be like on June 4th in Southern California. Any help would be appreciated.
First off I recommend you not get polarizer lenses if you're gonna be shooting a moving target. They are only meant to be used if the sun is to the side of the camera. Get either the shutter series or the standard three pack, it will give you much better results! Plus it won't be that bright out at 8am.

Hey Chopstix, i don´t know anything about this so 1 question to clear things up please :) i just ordered the nd/pl cinema vivid and i thouhgt one would just screw them on all the way and that would be the default and only "adjustment" so that´s incorrect? i id´nt read anywhere i would need to or should screw them less or more according to conditions?

They are rotatable so after you install them, you can rotate to get the proper polarization based on the angle to the sun. As I am learning, it gives much greater flexibility since you don't have to adjust your postion, simply rotate the filter. The caveat is that while your flying around, the polarization affect will shift which you may see in your video.

Last edited:
Here's a still I took with my P4 and cinema series vivid filters. A little bright but I still really like the way this turned out. This was with the ND4/PL filter. I'm still learning how to adjust pic/vid settings.

I'll also vouch for the customer service. It was a considering factor when I ordered the PolarPro Drone Trekker Backpack which comes in Tuesday.

Last edited:
Hi guys I'm interested in getting some of these filters. But torn between which ones to get. Vivid and cinema or professional series. Any help and advice would be amazing. Also found that the shipping to the uk is either a long wait or a stupid price. Is there anywhere in the UK that I can get them

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi guys I'm interested in getting some of these filters. But torn between which ones to get. Vivid and cinema or professional series. Any help and advice would be amazing. Also found that the shipping to the uk is either a long wait or a stupid price. Is there anywhere in the UK that I can get them

A few pages back in this thread Jeff from Polar Pro answered this question. The Cinema series has a better coating which will cut down on the lens flare. Other than that they are pretty similar (to the Pro set).

Reactions: rjm71
Shoot me an email and I would be more than happy to get you a case for the filters,
Jeff
Jeff, I received my filters and case. Very nice product btw but you had asked me to email you confirmation of order for the case and gimbal/lens guard and received the case but not the guard. How do I go about getting it. Thanks

Jeff,

I received my Vivid filters yesterday along with the lens cover and case. Man, that was so fast I thought I accidentally ordered via Amazon Prime!

btw, thanks for the really cool bumper sticker for my new ride!

polarpro.JPG

Jeff, I received my filters and case. Very nice product btw but you had asked me to email you confirmation of order for the case and gimbal/lens guard and received the case but not the guard. How do I go about getting it. Thanks
Shoot me an email: [email protected] and I will get one sent out!
Thanks for ordering our filters!
Jeff

Reactions: Ed Hatz
Shoot me an email: [email protected] and I will get one sent out!
Thanks for ordering our filters!
Jeff
Just realized what your position in the company is after one of your facebook comments. Great to see you're taking the time to answer people's questions and having lens covers send out. Respect.

Last edited:
I really like the cinema series filters. They are very easy to clean and provide clear, vivid imaging. They work best when shooting in a single direction. It's a little challenging with waypoints as the orientation to the sun changes and polarization will appear different (particularly noticeable in the sky). This is not unique to these filters, but evident with any polarizer. Here are two of my clips using these filters.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That was so good.

Reactions: 2nd2non

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.