PolarPro Cinema Series filters

In todays world where you can purchase things from just about anywhere it is often customer service that creates return customers, and without a doubt Polar Pro offers customer service that has me purchasing from them exclusively for my filters.

I live in the Midwest, we have lots of snow in winter, little water but mostly agriculture. I will hopefully be using it when laws get changed in a month or so in my video business. Which filters would be best to get? Thanks

In todays world where you can purchase things from just about anywhere it is often customer service that creates return customers, and without a doubt Polar Pro offers customer service that has me purchasing from them exclusively for my filters.

Customer Service is everything when it comes to a great buying experience. I have to say that Jeff over at Polar Pro is the best person I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with as far as customer service/support goes. He's not quick to try and sell you the most expensive item that they sell like most other companies do. Beyond that the fact that he is willing to hook members up with some freebies is another reason why Polar Pro will always have my business over any other ND Filter Manufacturers.

I live in the Midwest, we have lots of snow in winter, little water but mostly agriculture. I will hopefully be using it when laws get changed in a month or so in my video business. Which filters would be best to get? Thanks

You can use the chart that I have attached to help better understand what each filter is used for and maybe judge which filters would work best for you. Remember what you're trying to accomplish is getting your shutter speed to be double what your frame rate is. So if you are shooting 1080/60, then you want to try to achieve a 1/120th shutter speed. Or if filming 4K/30 or 24 you will want to be near 1/60th shutter speed.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 592
Reactions: Mls02
Got my Cinema Series-Shutter filters in today, with the free case and gimbal lock.

I actually like the gimbal lock, seems to do it's job and very easy to install/remove.

Reactions: PolarPro
Being a novice, that's one of my biggest challenges. What I have learned is that polarizing is effective when your subject is at a certain angle from the sun. The ability to rotate the filter gives you the ability to use it throughout the day as the Earth's position to the sun changes. The drawback is that once you set it, when you start flying around your subject you are going to alter that angle thus negating the effectiveness. I spent a good amount of time researching it on the internet to grasp the fundamentals.
Hey Chopstix, i don´t know anything about this so 1 question to clear things up please :) i just ordered the nd/pl cinema vivid and i thouhgt one would just screw them on all the way and that would be the default and only "adjustment" so that´s incorrect? i id´nt read anywhere i would need to or should screw them less or more according to conditions?

Hey Chopstix, i don´t know anything about this so 1 question to clear things up please :) i just ordered the nd/pl cinema vivid and i thouhgt one would just screw them on all the way and that would be the default and only "adjustment" so that´s incorrect? i id´nt read anywhere i would need to or should screw them less or more according to conditions?

Is thereva good place for a tutorial about this? I was playing with my CP filter today after I read about adjusting it and low and behold made quite a difference!

Is thereva good place for a tutorial about this? I was playing with my CP filter today after I read about adjusting it and low and behold made quite a difference!

Been looking for 30 min and have´nt found an answer, just reviews that don´t mention any adjustments, what i would like to know, is buying nd/pl combo filters to much hazzle as in if you have to adjust them for every shot? would it have been better just to get the normal cinema nd filters instead, the once that just screw on and that´s it?

Been looking for 30 min and have´nt found an answer, just reviews that don´t mention any adjustments, what i would like to know, is buying nd/pl combo filters to much hazzle as in if you have to adjust them for every shot? would it have been better just to get the normal cinema nd filters instead, the once that just screw on and that´s it?

A circular polarizer lens is used to remove reflections when the sun is at a 90 degree angle from the subject you're shooting. Below is a video on how a polarizing filter is used with a DSLR. Same thing applies with the drone camera.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A circular polarizer lens is used to remove reflections when the sun is at a 90 degree angle from the subject you're shooting. Below is a video on how a polarizing filter is used with a DSLR. Same thing applies with the drone camera.

haha now i feel lika an ***, i was missing a key word though "circular" thank you :)

I really like the cinema series filters. They are very easy to clean and provide clear, vivid imaging. They work best when shooting in a single direction. It's a little challenging with waypoints as the orientation to the sun changes and polarization will appear different (particularly noticeable in the sky). This is not unique to these filters, but evident with any polarizer. Here are two of my clips using these filters.
If you could only get nd filters or pl/nd hybrids, which would you get? amazing footage btw!

Good explanation in the video and educational for me for sure. Still, it was based on stills and not video so I'm not sure if I fully understand the best way to turn the filter and how to use it in relation to the sun when flying grids or even orbits. I guess I'll have to practice and see what works for me.

Good explanation in the video and educational for me for sure. Still, it was based on stills and not video so I'm not sure if I fully understand the best way to turn the filter and how to use it in relation to the sun when flying grids or even orbits. I guess I'll have to practice and see what works for me.

You only want to use a circular polarizer when the sun 90 degrees from your subject or you won't get any effect at all and your image will still look flat. If you're gonna be circling a subject you want to use a regular ND filter and not a polarizer. You can use a CP in video but there are appropriate times.

Last edited:
If you could only get nd filters or pl/nd hybrids, which would you get? amazing footage btw!
I have both, but would always choose nd/pl hybrids if only had one. Technically you can turn the polarization down if you don't want it by rotating the filter. The trick is the rotation is based on a single direction, so if your drone change directions while shooting, the polarization can change.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic