Polar Pro Shutter collection delayed again

Reaction score
just had an email off them after they promised despatch today saying it will now be Wednesday before they come in. Not holing my breath because it was suppose to be last Friday, then today and now Wednesday. Bit like a DJI promise

ha!

Try ordering a Snake River Prototyping Graduated ND8/16 from last September and see if you got it yet. Their "Out of Stock" and/or "Backordered" last for half a year. :(

Richard:
What the hell is a shutter collection? I ordered, and quickly received, one of their ND/polarizing filter sets (3 filters) for $99, but I did not see any shutter collection. Am I missing something here? In any case, don't "hole" your breath too long; I'll have to come over to resuscitate you.

Seriously though, my filter set arrived a few days earlier than promised and it is quite decent quality -- for drone photography. I hobby around with cameras and usually a single filter with ND and polarizing runs into the hundreds of bucks! On the other hand, these filters are rather small-ish compared to many camera lenses, and that would certainly drop the price.
The polarizers definitely enrich the contrast and punch up the colors on the photos -- I rarely do video -- and are also good for protecting the underlying lens. I think you'll be happy with these filters -- or shutters -- whatever.

As with any pre-ordering situation, I think you know that first delivery dates can be somewhat speculative -- and when we place the pre-order, we are typically ready and willing to wait for the product to arrive. I would much rather a product delivery date be pushed back a little while vs dealing with a quality control issue and needing to start the RMA process. A lot of people complain about companies lacking due diligence and quality control these days, yet are not satisfied if their pre-order delivery date has been pushed back a short while. What a hard market to serve.

I'm on pre-order for the Shutter Collection, and while I need those ND's badly, they can have another couple of days if it means they're sending me a superior/more reliable product as a result.

Jus bought the cinema series shutter collection myself tonight , as well as the drone trekker backpack.. can't wait for these nds

Shutter collection arriving from Amazon tomorrow as stated when I ordered them last week.

Not happy about it myself, been told by them twice for 3 weeks now that shipping will start in a few days, and that my order will likely ship 2-3 days after that.
Ive emailed them twice asking for an update now, but still no reply.
I got plans to use my P4 for a film project next week.
At least they could give us a status update somewhere, silence is not always golden.

Anyone twisted off the original lens cover yet?
Is the glass glued to the ring, or is it easy to detach?
I wonder if its possible to take out the original, and attach a glass from my previous Polar pro collection as a temporary solution.
Anyone tried yet?

Jus bought the cinema series shutter collection myself tonight , as well as the drone trekker backpack.. can't wait for these nds

I got a tracking # yesterday from Polar Pro for my Shutter Collection for the P4 Pro via USPS-But as of today it just shows Shipping Label created with no movement and Polar Pro is not answering their Phone--Getting jerked around here and not HAPPY!!!

Jack

I got a tracking # yesterday from Polar Pro for my Shutter Collection for the P4 Pro via USPS-But as of today it just shows Shipping Label created with no movement and Polar Pro is not answering their Phone--Getting jerked around here and not HAPPY!!!

Jack

When did you place your order with them. Mine was placed on 28th November 2016.

Not happy about it myself, been told by them twice for 3 weeks now that shipping will start in a few days, and that my order will likely ship 2-3 days after that.
Ive emailed them twice asking for an update now, but still no reply.
I got plans to use my P4 for a film project next week.
At least they could give us a status update somewhere, silence is not always golden.

Anyone twisted off the original lens cover yet?
Is the glass glued to the ring, or is it easy to detach?
I wonder if its possible to take out the original, and attach a glass from my previous Polar pro collection as a temporary solution.
Anyone tried yet?
They kept telling me mine was shippjng that day for about 4 days. Finally I said if you can't ship by Friday refund and 10 minutes later I had a refund and they changed the preorder date. I ordered early December. I just received the dji 16 which b and h has. They don't have the other two yet.

That's an old trick to buy them a few more days. Generate a label and not ship. If shipped you'd see activity scans.

Richard:
What the hell is a shutter collection? I ordered, and quickly received, one of their ND/polarizing filter sets (3 filters) for $99, but I did not see any shutter collection. Am I missing something here? In any case, don't "hole" your breath too long; I'll have to come over to resuscitate you.

Seriously though, my filter set arrived a few days earlier than promised and it is quite decent quality -- for drone photography. I hobby around with cameras and usually a single filter with ND and polarizing runs into the hundreds of bucks! On the other hand, these filters are rather small-ish compared to many camera lenses, and that would certainly drop the price.
The polarizers definitely enrich the contrast and punch up the colors on the photos -- I rarely do video -- and are also good for protecting the underlying lens. I think you'll be happy with these filters -- or shutters -- whatever.
The Shutter Collection is the set that does not have the polarizer built into it. It's just straight ND. It has an 8,16 and a 32 ND in it.
Phantom 4 Pro - Cinema Series - Shutter Collection

They kept telling me mine was shippjng that day for about 4 days. Finally I said if you can't ship by Friday refund and 10 minutes later I had a refund and they changed the preorder date. I ordered early December. I just received the dji 16 which b and h has. They don't have the other two yet.
Going through the same thing...Numerous emails saying don't worry no delay then delays...Last one was they were shipping yesterday and they didn't...I have a week long remote winter and water shoot starting Sat so may have to bite the bullet and get some DJI from wherever to tide me over...very disappointed

edit: ordered a vivid set from Amazon with Prime next day shipping as a back-up...I know they'll deliver on time.

Last edited:
Going through the same thing...Numerous emails saying don't worry no delay then delays...Last one was they were shipping yesterday and they didn't...I have a week long remote winter and water shoot starting Sat so may have to bite the bullet and get some DJI from wherever to tide me over...very disappointed

edit: ordered a vivid set from Amazon with Prime next day shipping as a back-up...I know they'll deliver on time.
Hmm, I see that my order of the 'Shutter' collection is still 'Order Confirmed'... Good thing I ordered the 'Vivid' collection first and have it in hand.

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
I emailed them the other day and said I'd read on the forum that some members had already received theirs.

On Sunday I received an email from Jeff at Polar Pro:
Hi David!
They began shipping on Friday and will complete shipping by the 25th.
Yours will probably go out Monday or Tuesday!
Thanks,
Jeff

And on Monday I received this from Dan at Polar Pro:
Hi David,
We have received our Phantom 4 Pro VIVID sets in so some have started receiving their orders.
Our Phantom 4 Pro Shutter sets should be arriving tomorrow.
You will be automatically notified as soon as your order has shipped.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Regards,

Daniel M. Morris | Director of Operations | PolarPro

I placed my order Dec. 20th, 2016
No shipping notification yet.
Hopefully soon. Windy conditions dying down and supposed to be great weather the rest of the week!

From Dan @ Polar Pro... Looking forward to comparing shots with those of you who opted for DJI ND's instead.

"Your order is shipping today!

Thank you so much for your patience.

USPS xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have decided to design a gimbal lock/lens cover for the P4P. It won't be available until March though.

The stock one actually fits decently with our P4P shutter filters though.

Regards,

Daniel M. Morris | Director of Operations | PolarPro

www.polarprofilters.com"

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20