Polar Pro questions.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm super new to the quadcopter world having recently ordered a Phantom 4 and I'm looking at getting a backpack and some ND filters.
I've done some research on the ND filters but I was wondering if the Polar Pro Vivid and Cinema series was worth the extra money or if I would be fine sticking with the professional series and what the pros/cons are of both?

My second question is, does anyone have the Drone Trekker backpack they offer?
I've been looking at a lot of backpacks and can't seem to decide on one. I've also considered the Manfrotto D1 but I've heard the P4 batteries don't fit in the battery holders.
Any recommendations on backpacks that will fit carry on regulations would be great.

Thanks heaps!
Mitch

I was wondering if the Polar Pro Vivid and Cinema series was worth the extra money or if I would be fine sticking with the professional series and what the pros/cons are of both?
Maybe @PolarPro can explain the difference.

As your question to the backpack, i have tryed different ones (also for other drones), but for me the manfrotto d1 is the one, fits like a charm, you can put the battery in the removable pockets and your stuff like cables, straps, in the battery compartment.
So everything fits in easily, also my ipad air, laptop and sldr camera.
Also you can pack your drone when it is in flying mode (blades on) so if you go to another spot nearby, you dont have to disassamble your drone first.
Maybe a little expensive, but for me is worth every penny and i can definitly recommend it to everyone.
Also i like That a backpack LOOKS Like a backpack and not a portable spaceship;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

As your question to the backpack, i have tryed different ones (also for other drones), but for me the manfrotto d1 is the one, fits like a charm, you can put the battery in the removable pockets and your stuff like cables, straps, in the battery compartment.
So everything fits in easily, also my ipad air, laptop and sldr camera.
Also you can pack your drone when it is in flying mode (blades on) so if you go to another spot nearby, you dont have to disassamble your drone first.
Maybe a little expensive, but for me is worth every penny and i can definitly recommend it to everyone.
Also i like That a backpack LOOKS Like a backpack and not a portable spaceship;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks man!
I have seen that done with the batteries.
I also really like the fact the it doesn't scream drone and camera gear. Cost isn't so much a factor because I'm spending a lot of money on the P4 I don't want to cheap out in a backpack for it.

Hey guys, I'm super new to the quadcopter world having recently ordered a Phantom 4 and I'm looking at getting a backpack and some ND filters.
I've done some research on the ND filters but I was wondering if the Polar Pro Vivid and Cinema series was worth the extra money or if I would be fine sticking with the professional series and what the pros/cons are of both?

My second question is, does anyone have the Drone Trekker backpack they offer?
I've been looking at a lot of backpacks and can't seem to decide on one. I've also considered the Manfrotto D1 but I've heard the P4 batteries don't fit in the battery holders.
Any recommendations on backpacks that will fit carry on regulations would be great.

Thanks heaps!
Mitch
Hey Mitch!
Great questions!
1. The main difference most people will notice with the Cinema Series vs. the Pro 6-Pack is the CS has AR coatings which help reduce lens flaring. This is the biggest difference most recreation users will notice. The CS series also uses a higher grade of glass. If you like the look of lens flaring go with the Professional 6-Pack, if you want a really clean image use the Cinema Series (that is what I personally use all the time).

2. Our DroneTrekker is solid, I have had mine for about 6 months now, I like how I can use it to carry my P4, or reconfigure it for a full DSLR backpack. Its small, comfortable and very well built.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers