Polar-Pro P3 Filter Set

I ordered them but just found out I won't be able to use them because my stock UV filter is so tight on my lens barrel it will never come off without breaking the gimbal.
It is tight, but it'll come off. I had to get my son to twist mine off, otherwise I would have been trying big pliers.

Rubber glove with palm of hand to lens face has been my easiest method to remove stock UV filter. You don't have to worry about compressing the threads

Once it's off, watch out for the glass itself, mine came apart easily. It had glue holding it in, I could see where a large drop had been applied to hold it in the ring, but the whole drop had broken free and the glass came loose. The filter is larger than the lens and covers so much extra that the glue drop was out of frame.
I wasn't worried about it at first because I planned to keep one of the Polar Pro filters installed all the time, even it was just the polarizer. But I found I need the stock filter when I'm shooting panoramas. The polarizer works like it is supposed to, which means SOME parts of the blue sky get darkened more than others, making it harder to blend with the other photos. So I'll be gluing the glass back in the stock filter soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4