Polar Pro ND filters - Test video

Nice vid. I use the PolarPro ND's too. I fly unbalanced and haven't had any issues. Good idea with the dimes, I'll give it a shot!

Here are the weights of the stock cover and the PolarPro 3 pack.
Plastic Stock cover - 2.3g
Metal PPND4/ND8 - 4g
Metal Circular Polarizer - 5.5g

My thinking is that the wind pushing against the camera at speeds up to 30mph (the speed of the craft) causes far more gimbal stress than a measly 1.7g increase in filter weight. Besides, adding weight for balance also increases the overall mass and surface area of the assembly, perhaps causing more stress than it's eliminating. Not a theory but more of a rationalization so I don't have to mess with those pesky little weights.:D

To be real, I will probably retire this quad for something better, or I'll crash before I wear out a gimbal motor using the PolarPro filters.

I have the DJI ND 16 filter, it works great and it weighs the same as stock lens cover, the gimbal balances perfectly.. I'm gonna order the ND8 as well.

Reactions: lookin4pain
Welcome back Frederick! I lost one of my SRPs and scuffed another. Given the high price, I decided to try out Polar pro again, this time the special edition cinema series (ND/CP). Question on comparing to SRP ND/CP, do you ever notice a red ring or glare when facing the sunrise/sunset at a certain angle? I see this on the PP's and am curious if this is a result of additional optics, polarization or something else.
Hey 2nd2non. Yes I have noticed this. A lens flare refraction is common (and pretty much unavoidable) with any lens especially when facing the sun or other bright light source. That said, I've found that inferior glass and/or optics coatings does make this much worse. While cleaning one of my SRP filters I noticed that even the edges of the glass are blackened to prevent unwanted light spill into the camera lens! That is quality IMHO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4