Polar Pro ND and Polarizer build Impression

Hi guys ,

i'm looking for some filters, as photos are badly exposed even with manual settings.
I see there the polar pro, the 150$ is a valuable pack? Or should i go for the cheaper 70 bucks..
thnx!

I guess a natural question is if the gimbal calibration should be performed with the added SRP filter. What happens when you remove it during a couple of flights? Can't imagine doing a calibration in the field. So far I've done the gimbal calibration only w/o the SRP filter and haven't had an issue. The gimbal isn't noticeably warmer either.
I always do a gimbal calibration before each battery flight. With or without a filter... only takes a few seconds so why not. If I take a filter off during a single battery flight I always do a quick gimbal recalibrate. So far no issues what so ever.

For those that have not seen it Polar Pro released a nice case for their filters. I really needed something badly and this worked out perfect.

Only $5 too.

20150708_114006 (Medium).jpg 20150708_114019 (Medium).jpg

I think it depends on the quality of the glass ND filter. Cheap ones will probably look worse than Kodak Wratten gels. The polar pros are pretty cheap for ND filters. Normally a solid ND filter is like 50 Euro
Agreed. Keep in mind, though, that glass ND filter costs are usually proportionate to the lens diameter. A tiny lens like the P3P is a fraction of your "normal" ND filter in size, and is far cheaper to make out of quality glass. Price should not be compared to filters 4x its size.

I installed one of the Polar Pro filters from the three pack on my Phantom 4 and am finding that the plastic gimbal travel guard no longer fits around the lens, I noticed that the Polar Pro filter screws in most of the way but tightens with a small gap between the polar pro filter and the gimbal causing the issue. Is anyone else having this issue??

thought about Polar Pro but as I'm a cheapscate, I purchased the Phanton Filters. I like that they are really light-weight (0.2 grams) and I see no degradation in image quality as they're gel type material, not glass. They're stackable so I keep the PL filter in all the time and add whichever ND I need depending on conditions.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl