Polar pro lens help

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the drone world. I just picked up my P4 about 2 weeks ago. I got a 3 pack of polar pro lenses that are the push on ones apposed to screw on and when I fly my phantom up the camera tilts down for a second. It goes right back after but I feel like over time it could damage the gimble. They weigh 7g. What do you guys think and has anyone else encountered this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

They should be fine. A lot of people use Polar Pro filters (and even heavier filters) and I've never seen anyone report a damaged gimbal. If you're worried about it though, then sell them and pick up some Polar Pro screw-on filters. If you want filters that are even lighter than those, get the DJI filters or the others that are listed as having the same weight in my filter comparison here.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I use the PolarPro push on filters also, with no issues. You may want to check the gimbal after landing for excessive heat on the gimbal motor if you're concerned the filters are too heavy. My gimbal motor is a bit warm, but no more than normal when no filters are used.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'll check. Maybe I didn't push them on all the way. I got nervous after I saw the camera tilting and took it off right away.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj