Polar Pro lens cap. What's your opinion?

Reaction score
Hey all! I just picked up a Polar Pro lens cap because I saw some great reviews of it in YouTube. However, after receiving it, I feel like the top most part of the cap assembly that holds the gimble is a bit too wide and causes undo stress against the gimble assembly where the gimble meets the underside of the aircraft. Has anyone else who has this product noticed this? I'm taking a dremel to it tomorrow and going to cut about 1/16" off the top for a more form fit. What's your opinion on this cap? I enjoy the convenience of it but don't want to risk damaging the gimble as it is without me modifying it.

Stock photos:
BD12EDB2-8952-455A-8126-3D550FB601B7_zpsw7pdxk0i.jpg

6C1FF65E-959C-44F2-9940-9743D2157E2B_zpsu8wcphes.png

Reactions: DonAplas
I have the same unit and I have to fit it carefully each time as it feels it's forcing the gimbal into place and doesn't feel right. I have had it for about four months with no ill effects but I haven't taken any tools to it as yet. It certainly doesn't move during transit!

I have the same unit and I have to fit it carefully each time as it feels it's forcing the gimbal into place and doesn't feel right. I have had it for about four months with no ill effects but I haven't taken any tools to it as yet. It certainly doesn't move during transit!

Use this cover since I got the P4 last March, Over 250 flights no issues and easier to handle than the original gimbal support

I noticed on mine it left faint black marks on the gimbal where it clips on - haven't tried cleaning them off yet lol. So far reverted to the original locks for home storage and only use these when heading out.

Interesting observation. I have one, too. Not crazy about it because it's too big for the DJI lens, (so I carry both the stock version and the polar Pro) and I don't like having to put the pressure on the gimbal to click it into place onto the gimbal.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I cut mine down because I didn't like the force it was applying on the gimbal. I rarely use it, and just replace the original filter and use the stock gimbal lock.

Since I almost always use a Polar Pro Filter, I almost always use the Polar Pro Gimbal lock. I have had no problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.