Polar Pro LED Kit Review

Reaction score
Just bought a Polar Pro LED kit. It is just a snap on accessory. It sits on top on the Phantom. I already have 2 flights with it and it doesn't interfere with the GPS. Solid satellites. It has 2 options. Always on and blinking. It charged via micro usb.

• LED Light Kit fits Phantom 3 Standard, 4K, Pro, Advanced
  • Easy Snap-On/Off Design
  • Includes 2 White LED and 2 Red LED lights
  • Battery harness snaps onto top of Phantom 3
  • Rechargeable battery lasts 40 min (constant) / 1.75 (flashing)
  • Light-weight only 2.5 ounces
Here are the pics.

Are you sure that you are not a Polar Pro employee/endorsee?? :D:p

I like this setup a lot.

Can it be seen during the day or will you use it night flying only?

I flew the Phantom this afternoon and sunset. You could still see the LED light on daylight.

It should have no problem interfering with the landing gear. You could adjust the led strip up and down then you clip it to secure.

Do the lights add a glow to lens at night or does it simply illuminate the pathway

What do you mean by 1.75 flashing? 1 hr 45 min or what?
Would be nice if it had a white strobe mounted on top.

Awesome! I ordered a set. With the landing gear and gimbal cover. I used the promo code SHARKPRO for 15% off. FYI for anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: LamboH
**** that looks good. .just ordered my self...like how its has its own rechargeable battery supply. not having to worry about shorting the p3's sensitive smart battery. looks like it will fit in the dji hardcase no problem too!

Awesome! I ordered a set. With the landing gear and gimbal cover. I used the promo code SHARKPRO for 15% off. FYI for anyone interested.

damnit cancelling and reodering BUT now says code not valid

EDIT code is from POLAR PRO WEBSITE not from AMAZON.my mistake, i get everything off amazon. my go to source.

ordered the gimbal guard and the led light kit with SharkPRO COUPON CODE FOR 15% OFF

Last edited:
It was my first time visiting the site so it might be because of that. I had the choice to not accept it and continue browsing so I did it. Might be different for everyone. Visit the page and try it

6e391d68a25b4b4c73fb4fc77ec7f2e1.jpg

Yeah I checked Amazon and Polar pro were same prices so I did it to use discount.

Just bought a Polar Pro LED kit. It is just a snap on accessory. It sits on top on the Phantom. I already have 2 flights with it and it doesn't interfere with the GPS. Solid satellites. It has 2 options. Always on and blinking. It charged via micro usb.

• LED Light Kit fits Phantom 3 Standard, 4K, Pro, Advanced
  • Easy Snap-On/Off Design
  • Includes 2 White LED and 2 Red LED lights
  • Battery harness snaps onto top of Phantom 3
  • Rechargeable battery lasts 40 min (constant) / 1.75 (flashing)
  • Light-weight only 2.5 ounces
Here are the pics.

some reviews i've read says that the lights themselves get a bit hot during operation. have any testing results with this?

Yeah I checked Amazon and Polar pro were same prices so I did it to use discount.

they are the same prices even with polar pro being the vendor on amazon but on polar pro site, the coupon code brings the 49.99 led light kit to 42$ and the 19.99 gimbal guard is 12$ after coupon code. every little bit helps. personally would have ordered from amazon myself but that 15% sure does help

Seems like the light would blur the edge of the picture. Do you have a video of it filming when they are on?

Reactions: Dudez
I have some of the Polar Pro accessories.
Landing gear.
Lens cover gimbal stabilizer.
Camera & Gimbal protection.
The 6 lens kit.
Drone Pen lens cleaning pen.
They all have been easy to use or not with the snap on design. I just ordered the light kit yesterday because of the self contained battery and the quality of the products I own.

Reactions: LamboH
Okay just went outside and did a test run at night. It doesn't wash out/blur the camera at all. LEDs don't get hot. Even if they do, the wind from the propeller will cool them down! Here's a sample pic of the camera in my room in total darkness.

Reactions: Reed L and LamboH

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl