Polar Pro cinema series

Reaction score
Top service from Polar Pro. Ordered ND filters cinema series. Gold finish top notch materials. Can't wait to try them out nut wheater sucks right now. Ordered on Sunday delivered to Belgium in less than 4 days.
1487851526909.jpg

Thanks. I tried to order them over here in EU but nowhere to be found in stock. So I turned directly to Polar Pro. Great service. That was where I was aiming for. I try to shoot 100 iso and sweet spot of F4 close at 1/60. If changing to PAL I need 1/50.

Last edited:
Did you have to pay customs tax? Looking for stock all over EU, but without any luck. Would rather avoid ordering from US and paying extra taxes.

No. I was surprised to. I paid for the set filters + DHL shipping fee and no customs taxes where added when the filters where cleared by customs at Brussels airport.

Did you have to pay customs tax? Looking for stock all over EU, but without any luck. Would rather avoid ordering from US and paying extra taxes.

Well yesterday I had the opportunity to get my P4P into the air and got to test the Polar Pro ND Cinematic filters. Although is wasn't that bright I was surprised that I needed the ND32 already to lower my shutter speed at 60 frames per second shooting in 4K @ 30fr/sec. Depending on the environment (bit of sun, clouds, lighter, darker scenery) the histogram showed the difference around 1 F-stop during the whole shoot. My guess is that ND16 and 32 will be mostly used in the future. I must admit that shooting at that frame rate with these (mechanical) shutter speeds the video really looks smooth to watch. I found that particular when watching the blades from the wind turbine turning smoothly with no traces at all. I have posted a small video on YouTube.

I also was impressed that using the ND filter(s) I could fly in to the direction of the sunlight not blowing out the highlights and giving me a bit of headroom editing and color correcting in Davinci Resolve to get a nice illuminated shot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been very impressed with the results I've gotten from the set I purchased although they are not the cinematic line. For the money they are outstanding. I purchased the set of 3 (4, 8 & 16). I'd like to have a 32 in the future. The only downside is that the DJI gimbal protector doesn't fit well. Not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Mavician

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen