Points when flying in cold.

Reaction score
Before taking off in the 0 degree temperature, what should i consider?
I saw some topics, but there 99% of people posting have the same experience as the degree temperature mentioned above. So please, only experienced flyers welcome here :D

Plz correct me if im wrong, or add if i missed out something.

- Turn on the phantom, let it sit for 1-2 minutes
- Take off, and let it hover for 1-2 minutes
- wait until battery warms up to 25 degrees
- start flying, without being aggresive on the sticks.

Anything i missed?

Sounds good. While hovering put battery screen and check the levels as you lever the sticks a bit. Don't let it plunge down under 3.50. Cause it'll trigger the immediate landing. Then it's hard to control for landing.

I keep my batteries "heated" at all times. Once the aircraft is running the batteries will self heat but cold batteries are not happy batteries.

I keep them in a small soft sided cooler with hand warmers tossed in. Works like a charm. I was flying a local ski area last night at 18 deg (was probably colder where I was flying but it showed 18deg where I parked) and flew all 4 batteries through with no problems other than really cold fingers and nose.

Keep in mind the components of your aircraft are going to be very brittle in the cold so be mindful and have extra smooth landings and take off (I hand catch almost every time regardless).

I also keep my aircraft in my vehicle heated until time to fly. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Daniel Voyer
DJI has some good points here and here.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20