Point of Interest

Reaction score
Can the object be moving to use the point of interest. I would like to use this point of interest feature to shoot a sailboat out on the water. Is this possible? Or does the point of interest have to be not moving?

Point of interest has to be stationary, but you could try the follow me function if you're going to be on the boat because it follows the remote or the autotrack might work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought there was another app other than Go that would do that but not sure ,
am sure someone else will chime in and tell ya. ,anyway Welcome to the forum Bob :)

Welcome to the community! Yes the POI has to be stationary, I think Auto Track option would fit you best on the sailboat scenario.

Reactions: dirkclod
I thought there was another app other than Go that would do that but not sure ,
am sure someone else will chime in and tell ya. ,anyway Welcome to the forum Bob :)
Litchi has a "Focus" mode that you can pick what you want to focus on and then manually fly, this could work too. Check it out here: Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

Reactions: dirkclod
If you set the auto track on the boat and then use the right control stick and move the stick to the right or left it will rotate around the boat. Works pretty good.

Litchi has a "Focus" mode that you can pick what you want to focus on and then manually fly, this could work too.
This can also be done with the ActiveTrack feature within DJI GO. Just click the object to track and don't click "GO". The Phantom will point toward the selected object as you manually fly around.

on their into video DJI did mention that it was possible (and easily so) to do a POI on a moving subject. Was this just a marketing gimmick or the function is there a trick to it?

on their into video DJI did mention that it was possible (and easily so) to do a POI on a moving subject
The "Point of Interest" (POI) feature cannot film a moving subject. However, you can film a moving subject using Follow Me or ActiveTrack.

The "Point of Interest" (POI) feature cannot film a moving subject. However, you can film a moving subject using Follow Me or ActiveTrack.
How does active track work... I just bought a P3 4K, THe video filming in POI is great. Need to play with rotation speed further though... Have yet to try follow me mode.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik