Point of Interest

Reaction score
Hi folks
I have been experimenting with the new POI feature but I do not seem to have it worked out.

I set the POI - lets say the P3P is hovering above my house. I then set the radius and the speed and off it goes.

But it does not keep the POI in the center of the field of view and in fact, my house can easily rotate outside of the camera's field of view. Pressing the 'focus' button does nothing to the camera and yet it is supposed to move the camera to the POI.

any thoughts?

thanks
Martin

The P3 does not keep anything in the middle, it simple uses the first point as the center and then flies a perfect circle around the radius. If you don't set the center point or radius correctly, the subject will go out of frame. Once you have the P3 set, move the house so that it's always in the frame. Or once the P3 is set, use the controller sticks to adjust the altitude and/or radius as needed. Look at the pop up box while in this mode for help. You can also tilt the camera. Lastly you can rotate the drone to get some other cool shots.

After you've set your POI, use the L and R controls on your left control stick to adjust your First person view so that your house (or whatever your target is) is in the center of your Ipad/tablet screen.

I like the point of interest feature, its very smooth. and if im correct it doesn't control the camera, you will have to continue to manually keep your POI in view. heres a link of a test of the point of view feature.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

POI does keep the camera pointing in a certain direction. This can be any horizontal direction in relationship to the POI (center of the circle). You can have it always point toward the center.. you can have it always point the direction of flight.. always away from the POI or always backward from where it's flying. However, the POI is _only_ the center of the circle you create. It's _not_ the object you want to film. So your circle could not be exactly around that object and you also need to manually pan the camera up and down as well.

So it sounds like the general consensus here is POI does not control the camera at all, correct?. I'll have to continue to use yaw to keep the POI in the frame, right?
I have found that POI flies a perfect circle around the set point, rotating to keep the camera as set when initiated. Start from a point that shows your subject, calculated to have a radius great enough to keep it in view and off you go.

As you are flying you have the option to look around. Yaw the bird and it will continue to fly a perfect circle while you take in the view.

Am I correct that I dont have this option yet as I use an ipad for my DJI GO app

I was flying POI with an iPad yesterday. No probs [emoji1]

I've found the best way to set a good circle around an obey is to ensure that you are as close to center over the object as possible before you fly your radius out from that center point. This will give the best center point so your circle is set from the correct center point.

Reactions: lotusteve
Am I correct that I dont have this option yet as I use an ipad for my DJI GO app

You have to switch the flight mode to 'F' for the POI and other options to become available.
Great video demo / tutorial here

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31