Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Point Of Interest (POI)

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by srandall25, Jul 29, 2014.

1. srandall25

Interesting that DJI posts this on their FAQ:
    "Point of Interest is not supported on the Vision waypoints system at this time."

"At this time"??? hmm... should we might infer that they could be planning it? I believe it's coming for the simple fact that their competition is already supporting it... i.e. Walkera TALI H500. They will want to be competitive...

2. DCGOO

Not really. It simply means they could change their mind. IOW, never say never.

3. srandall25

It certainly would be a killer feature to have... fingers crossed!

4. WyattEarp

Okay I'll bite, what is/are "Point(s) of Interest"?

5. Damon

Picture your POI being in the middle of a circle at center of radius. The phantom fly's a perfect circle around it keeping it centered in frame. It basically does the compound right or left command along with yaw. In theory.

6. Soulnet

That's pretty sweet!

7. srandall25

The POI is a feature that is supported on DJI's higher end products. It's been speculated that they've purposely kept the feature from the Phantom line to protect their higher end... however, I believe this won't last because other lower end manufacturers are implementing this feature as well. I hardly doubt the POI feature being reserved for the Professional line products would really have any effect on sales for that line of product.