POI

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up a POI without flying directly over the object?
The reason I need to go about it this way is because the object is an actual rocket and the range requirements are that I cannot fly directly over the launch vehicle. We are getting ready for launch tomorrow and I would love to get this clip...
Any help appreciated!!

The mode is set up to use the Phantom to set the radius. If you cannot set it in the middle then you'd need to fudge the setting. You could fly to the edge and then back out. You'd then need to start the POI circle and increase the diameter manually. You are going to "circle" the object with a circle that slightly off center.

Sounds like a job for the Litchi app. You can set everything up on your computer ahead of time, including the POI. without flying over it.

Reactions: jsposito
Let us know how it worked out. Unless a rocket being destroyed by a drone makes the news. Then we'll know.

Reactions: harleydg
The app was flawless, did everything I was hoping for....
Great day of flying until I decided to fly my Drone out over some water....
Crash and burn, live and learn....
I love this quote, suits me perfectly....

The app was flawless, did everything I was hoping for....
Great day of flying until I decided to fly my Drone out over some water....
Crash and burn, live and learn....
I love this quote, suits me perfectly....
Sorry to hear that, what exactly happened?

Ugh....
Let's just say I was in a hurry and did not go through my preflight checklist....
Burn. I only ask because I have been doing my homework on litchi (still haven't used it lol) and it scares the crap out of me for this very reason..

Was not using Litchi when I was flying this time... DJI go..... Away, literally... [emoji848]

All of my buds have been giving me **** too... Along with other peeps on the forum...
It's all good, it is only money....[emoji15]

All of my buds have been giving me **** too... Along with other peeps on the forum...
It's all good, it is only money....[emoji15]
Been there dude. Didn't mean to put you on the spot! What can you do? Go out and get yourself one with bigger boobs and start over [emoji818][emoji23]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31