POI with new Go app and DJI P4

Reaction score
Hey all,
Newbie here, but I can land on the case in 10mph wind (woo hoo)

Having trouble accessing POI mode, ie, can't find it... Help!?

U need to select intelligent flight modes first . Somewhere bottom left of your screen. Then the rest of the options including POI will show up at the bottom. May need to scroll left. I'm recalling this from memory . And yes , the instructions could me clearer

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you. Yes, that was a bit vague, but no worries, up and working well.

Additional question: is it possible to POI on an active track subject? Moving?

Thanks!

I think when you have an active target in active tracking and it follows the target only thing you need to do is use the right stick and turn it to left or right and P4 will start POI the target. Haven't tried it yet only active tracking but gonna test it but not now because it's raining.....Duh!

when you have an active target in active tracking and it follows the target only thing you need to do is use the right stick and turn it to left or right and P4 will start POI the target.
While this is not the actual POI flight mode, it is a way of manually targeting an object as you fly around it. However, if the goal is to fly a smooth circular pattern around an object at a set speed, then the POI flight mode is the way to go.

AutoFlightLogic had an excellent app for just this type of flying

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the responses. It took some experimentation, but with some careful control using active track one can indeed get a cinematic circle of a moving subject. Even more challenging to do it freehand. Makes for great control practice.
But... Thanks! Great forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic