POI, waypoints, follow me mode?

Reaction score
OK, I've downloaded the latest firmware & go pilot but when I fire everything up, my screen looks the same. How do I find the waypoint, POI & follow me instructions? or buttons?

OK, I've downloaded the latest firmware & go pilot but when I fire everything up, my screen looks the same. How do I find the waypoint, POI & follow me instructions? or buttons?
In the original owners manual the DJI folks provide future details about the PAF switch on the left front part of the controller - I just realized this because I complained about zero documentation about the new features and suddenly recalled what's in the manual - you have to be in the air and then move the PAF switch to "F" then the menu for all the features appears - that is as far as i have gotten thanks stop many kind and knowledgeable folks on this site and by poor recall skills

Reactions: mick74
You dont have to be in the air though :) - but maybe it's recomended that you are in air. I just testet it on my bird inside my house with the wings off just to be safe :) - I also tested the "'Home lock" feature in the air today. I missed this function from the P2, and it's good to have it back on the P3. It worked like a charm.

Reactions: mick74
In the original owners manual the DJI folks provide future details about the PAF switch on the left front part of the controller - I just realized this because I complained about zero documentation about the new features and suddenly recalled what's in the manual - you have to be in the air and then move the PAF switch to "F" then the menu for all the features appears - that is as far as i have gotten thanks stop many kind and knowledgeable folks on this site and by poor recall skills
Thanks
i'll give that a try. Didn't know it was the manual ether.

You dont have to be in the air though :) - but maybe it's recomended that you are in air. I just testet it on my bird inside my house with the wings off just to be safe :) - I also tested the "'Home lock" feature in the air today. I missed this function from the P2, and it's good to have it back on the P3. It worked like a charm.
Took the blades off and tried it inside, Didn't work for me. Then took it outside, Fired it up, switched it to F mode and POI, follow me, waypoints, heading lock, everything worked! :)

It looks like with ios you don't have to be in the air but with android you get a message that says try taking off first and try again . So for some reason android makes you takeoff first

It looks like with ios you don't have to be in the air but with android you get a message that says try taking off first and try again . So for some reason android makes you takeoff first
Yep, I'm using a nvdia shield tablet, that's why I had to fly it to get it to work.

Ok. Yes I'm using ios. But it is not a big deal, as I think it is safer to do this operation in air. No need for this on the ground :)

It took me 2 hours to figure that out lol. I thought something went wrong with my update . I couldn't find instructions anywhere but o well got it figured out now lol. Good luck guys and happy safe flying !!!

Reactions: Kenneth Gundersen
Strange.....it doesn`t work for me.

I was on the air, change to F and .....Nothing.

317bd6o.png

zmzhcn.png

I even so a video someone avtivating on the floor.....what im i missing?

I did update last FW today and the RC with 1.3.2.0. fw.....

Apart that...it flys well.

*EDIT
Figure out...it works!

Last edited:
Strange.....it doesn`t work for me.

I was on the air, change to F and .....Nothing.

317bd6o.png

zmzhcn.png

I even so a video someone avtivating on the floor.....what im i missing?

I did update last FW today and the RC with 1.3.2.0. fw.....

Apart that...it flys well.

*EDIT
Figure out...it works!
Did you enable multiple flight modes. Was the missing link

Hi.
It was activated. The problem was when i did activate for the first time F - Mode i ignore the message if i really want to activate it...

When i say yes....the icon appear!

You have to turn the P-A-F switch (upper left on your remote control) to F (normally it's set to P). Then look in your screen and look for a new button (a circle with the "V" inside) to the left of "Safe to fly".
I was feeling really stupid and coming here was my last resource, I think that an extra line in the download instructions about the switch would be nice :) Thanks for the help!

I still don`t understand why have to switch to F-Mode.....
Why isn`t the icon/options free available/visible? And i don`t feel secure use F-Mode....

Arghh......yes i see......but too confuse....
Just add a new icon. Period

Howwwww?! I switched it to f. And nothing but a stupid thing shows up switching my controls around to come home or something? But no follow me. No points of interest. No anything!!! I'm soooo frustrated

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj