POI Record

Reaction score
Afternoon Folks :)

Question: Is there any way to record a POI so each time I fly I can recreate the exact same circle? We are building a house right at the centre of this circle. I want to use the farthest circle to take progress videos of our house being built. Is it possible to record a POI? I know there are waypoints but I want the smooth circle of the POI?

If this is not possible then how else would I do it? Screenshot attached.

Cheers
Jason

Attachments

• 19179685_10155363339386119_1842631284_o.jpg
    19179685_10155363339386119_1842631284_o.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 245
I'm doing the same thing for a new Public Safety building where I will work (when it's done). I've got the Plus, so Litchi is not an option. I just made a waypoint mission to fly to the center, load POI, then back out x number of feet (write it down, and the speed.), and start my circle.

Ahh got you so the waypoint always gets you ot the exact same starting location? I tried waypoints but could not work out how to actually SAVE the waypoint?

Afternoon Folks :)

Question: Is there any way to record a POI so each time I fly I can recreate the exact same circle? We are building a house right at the centre of this circle. I want to use the farthest circle to take progress videos of our house being built. Is it possible to record a POI? I know there are waypoints but I want the smooth circle of the POI?

If this is not possible then how else would I do it? Screenshot attached.

Cheers
Jason

Might seem crazy but what if you did this. On that street that is to the north mark a specific spot. Maybe use marking paint or create some kind of permanent mark. Go to that same spot every day and stand there, put your drone to your side and have it take off and fly in as straight a line as possible to a point above the center point of your new construction. At this point you could remember how many feet away it is from you and you could also possibly make visual reference markers along the way. Granted this looks like it will be a changing development but you would at least be pretty close.

Reactions: Jason Cole
Thanks for your message :) I worked it out, i set a waypoint in the exact same starting point for each flight. The DJI app allowed me to save it. Tried it yesterday and it works great!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20