POI Question

Reaction score
Hi guys iv'e read that if I lose signal when POI is active my bird will keep rotating to the point of critical battery and land in place, is this true? I want to do a POI shot of a cool water tower 2KM away from my house but i won't if there's any chance my Phantom will land 2KM away.

Hi guys iv'e read that if I lose signal when POI is active my bird will keep rotating to the point of critical battery and land in place, is this true? I want to do a POI shot of a cool water tower 2KM away from my house but i won't if there's any chance my Phantom will land 2KM away.
That's been reported-- but I would want to test that by being close to that tower, when I tried it.

It's true.

If you want to fly 2km away you'll have no problems. I did a lighthouse 1.5km away last week, did a few POI rotations, loads of different flyovers, pans etc and still had time to come back with over 20% battery left. Flight time was 17 minutes. It took two minutes to get out there. Here's the clip.

If you want to fly 2km away you'll have no problems. I did a lighthouse 1.5km away last week, did a few POI rotations, loads of different flyovers, pans etc and still had time to come back with over 20% battery left. Flight time was 17 minutes. It took two minutes to get out there. Here's the clip.

I'll never fly without a failsafe.

line of sight means line of sight. The moon is line of sight. A fly on a tree 2 miles away that is in unobstructed view is line of sight.You don't have to be able to see it for it to be line of sight.
Not that it matters for non commercial flying but the FAA states VISUAL line of sight. Line of sight is just a short way of putting this.

Spectacular...

Reactions: happydays

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj