POI misjudged offset, Crash and recovery with no damage

Reaction score
Dropbox - Farm project.mp4

I was very lucky on this one. I was admiring the way the P3 was making a perfect circle while keeping the subject in the centre of the shot. I misjudged the distance from the silo to the centre of the barn, a definite learning experience. I was very impressed how well the drone recovered after the hit. If you click the dropbox link you can see the full video of the crash as well as the recovery in normal speed and slow motion. I have had over 200 flights on the P2 with only a couple of mishaps, but his is the first with the P3 with only about 20 flights under my belt. The algorithms in this software that can recover from both a spin and roll and in less than 50 feet are remarkable, one tough little bird

Last edited:
Reactions: SENC and TheWire
Nice!

I had a run in with some power lines with my P1 and it recovered almost immediately.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At first I nicked my Jeep and the battery door came open, then came the power lines.

Always check the radius and height before any take off when doing POI.

You were lucky, now you know

I'm glad your one out of how many unlucky ones

Just crashed my P4P using POI. Couldn’t get thru the exit screen quickly enough after it circled in the wrong direction. If I had pulled the usb cable from the RC, would that have disconnected the POI mode allowing me to take control? Sending the uav to DJI for repair.

Feeling kinda dumb right now.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan