POI is not in perfect circle

Reaction score
I was trying to take a video using POI but the POI seems to move. As the aircraft moves around, it slowly starts turning away from where I set the POI. I've tried this multiple times but with no success. Is there any way to fix this? Video of the problem: DJI_0065.MOV EDIT:The POI was placed directly above the sphere on the top of the watertower. I was using the DJI go app.

Last edited:
Ok I'll ask the obvious question, is your POI pin dead center to the top of the water tank? Which app are you using?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can tell just by watching the video (at least from where it started) that the center point was not the water tower. You need to point the camera straight down, fly right above the object and set the center point there. You can then fly outward and start the flight.

The center point is not changing or drifting, you have it set over the parking lot under the drone was when the video clip started. You can see this deviation better once the drone makes a 1/2 revolution. I think this is why you think its changing. It's really just that the perspective of the tower makes it more obvious.

I can tell just by watching the video (at least from where it started) that the center point was not the water tower. You need to point the camera straight down, fly right above the object and set the center point there. You can then fly outward and start the flight.

The center point is not changing or drifting, you have it set over the parking lot under the drone was when the video clip started. You can see this deviation better once the drone makes a 1/2 revolution. I think this is why you think its changing. It's really just that the perspective of the tower makes it more obvious.
This is exactly what I did to set the point over the tower.

Last edited:
I have recorded a new video which should highlight the problem better.
(I set the POI at 28 seconds) Maybe this could help show what's really happening. I now believe its just that the point is being set wrong because on my map it showed the path as a circle

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1