POI is NEEDED !

Come on people!!! Let's not get crazy! This is a guys only forum for a reason

Agreed! Sorry.
Just hate misrepresentations of fact.

If you are talking about my facts, they are fact or I wouldn't have posted it.. FYI, I'm not a phone / chat support agent. I do testing as well and have close working relationships with DJI HQ.

Reactions: JBG
Then show me the money! ... movie quote... no was not referring to you specifically. People make facts up all the time to sound intelligent.

But I do find it convenient that DJI have not made it clear.

I work in a large IT corp and on a good day one hand has no idea what the other does most of the time. Since I am assuming your Support / Testing is gratis, to me, it does not carry much weight in terms of a statement from the company, in relation to the above scenario. Sorry if it offends, it shouldn't.

We confirm that the Point of Interest in Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 is almost fully implemented:

Also, DJI did not lock the GS in current Inspire 1 firmware so if you have Inspire 1, you could test the POI using our app.

We would like to share the Video demo the Circle POI in Phantom Vision Plus:

Then show me the money! ... movie quote... no was not referring to you specifically. People make facts up all the time to sound intelligent.

But I do find it convenient that DJI have not made it clear.

I work in a large IT corp and on a good day one hand has no idea what the other does most of the time. Since I am assuming your Support / Testing is gratis, to me, it does not carry much weight in terms of a statement from the company, in relation to the above scenario. Sorry if it offends, it shouldn't.

It really doesn't since you obviously don't have an understanding of my role or relations.. By the way I'm an IT manager for the city I work for.. If that's how your place of business operates then I would be concerned. sorry if that offends you, it shouldn't.

Before you question someone you should understand their background and connections.

Your appreciated by most. Blade, me being one. If you were to guess how long before a release. Are we talking weeks or months?

Thanks!

Sorry but I wouldn't be able to comment on dates since that is dictated by the PM's . I do know its not weeks though, probably a little longer.

Reactions: rhoffart
Blade, you are way to sensitive, the reality is you are not employed DJI and when you quote http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7832151&d=1430690682 as opposed to DJI source info, expect someone to go... but he keeps going on about his I do testing as well and have close working relationships with DJI HQ. and how important he is??? A valid point I think?

If that's how your place of business operates then I would be concerned. sorry if that offends you, it shouldn't.
I am pretty confident in my statement, I have worked for banks and a couple of IT companies, anyone working in a large IT company such as HP should agree. Sadly it is the case. So no offense taken.

You keep on about you relations... You expect me to humbled by the statement
Before you question someone you should understand their background and connections.

Well tell me? Let me be impressed!

Reactions: hot dog
Why does everyone keep getting this wrong and saying it is for sure that POI is going to be 3rd party. DJI themselves said they want to bring ground station natively. See my post:

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...lot-ground-station-very-likely-for-ph3.44242/

I followed that thread, as everyone knows there is so much misinformation, the specific words I hear are
at least into inspire, probably Phantom 3
and
ground control in a more explicit way into the SDK
He also states
there is a high likelihood it will also end up in our app

This does not leave me convinced.

Thanks for the post @VoicOfReason

How long have 3rd party developers had the SDK and firmware to support POI? Because they have already incorporated it into their brand new P3 apps How much longer has DJI had to work this into their software? According to DJI, they were working on this several months before the P3 was even released.

Now we are waiting on DJI to release the updated firmware so that these 3rd party app features can be used.

If POI and/or GS is not going to be released for another month then DJI will have been working on GS for about 6 months. What is that in drone years?

I can wait. However, these are facts.

Reactions: Stephan
Blade, you are way to sensitive, the reality is you are not employed DJI and when you quote http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7832151&d=1430690682 as opposed to DJI source info, expect someone to go... but he keeps going on about his I do testing as well and have close working relationships with DJI HQ. and how important he is??? A valid point I think?

I am pretty confident in my statement, I have worked for banks and a couple of IT companies, anyone working in a large IT company such as HP should agree. Sadly it is the case. So no offense taken.

You keep on about you relations... You expect me to humbled by the statement

Well tell me? Let me be impressed!

Not employed by dji? If you want my email address just ask...Why would I lie?

If you would look at the link and read the thread that the pdf was posted in you would know how wrong you are.Who do you think sent me the official FAQ to post on the owners thread?I wonder how I got a pro and a hardshell pack months before release?

Then you go into sources..? I already said the project managers.. Pual and Dr. Turbo

Since you're wrong on such a simple concept, I'm just going to move on and put you on ignore. You don't want to accept reality anyways..

Last edited:
Reactions: JackFlash-P3P
Thanks, do us both a favour.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive!
I still don't think you are as close to the action as you would like to think you are...
Personally... If I got a bag before anyone else... and that was my claim to fame... I would not be too happy...

Thanks, do us both a favour.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too sensitive!
I still don't think you are as close to the action as you would like to think you are...
Personally... If I got a bag before anyone else... and that was my claim to fame... I would not be too happy...

Man your dense, the point wasn't the bag but the p3. If you took the time and did some research instead of fighting facts, you would have found out I have been doing this for DJI for years. Including Their pro line, s1000 and down...

IT company? let me guess, geek squad?

Ok, ignored ...

Reactions: kjopc
This is quite the pissing contest!

Blade Strike has been a very helpful contributing member of this group, regardless of his affiliation with DJI. I have read his (her?) comments on a variety of subjects and he appears credible and knowledgeable. I'm grateful for his input.

On the other hand, Stephan's comments have been nothing but critical and accusatory and have not contributed to the discussion in any positive way.

Stephan, get your head out of your small dark crevice and find another place to troll. Few (if any) of us want to hear your sniveling or demeaning comments. This is a forum for those who want information. It's not a circle jerk.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik