POI is NEEDED !

Seems kinda silly for DJI to outsource these smart features to 3rd party developers when they have a nice and feature packed app of their own. This requires the 3rd party developers to make their app match the features and looks of DJI's app or otherwise there is a need to use two or more apps which is quite inconvenient for the users.
Silly, as in a whole lot cheaper for DJI. I suspect it's much easier to make a few modifications to the SDK from time to time rather then keep adding features to an app.

It's been confirmed by DJI employees and it's been denied by DJI employees. DJI employee had also stayed that GS would be in the Pilot app around the time the P3 was released. DJI also claimed to Pilot app was available for Android and that the app has a flight sim.

Is there an acronym for, I'll believe it when I see it?

It's going to have, just is not cutting it.

Directly from DJI FAQ released May 3rd.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7832151&d=1430690682
poi.jpg

Reactions: nobr3ga
Silly, as in a whole lot cheaper for DJI. I suspect it's much easier to make a few modifications to the SDK from time to time rather then keep adding features to an app.

No, you guys have to remember they had had POI since 2011.. Nothing new on their pro controllers.

The above circled statement is ambiguous at best! It does not state they will offer it...

It could mean that it will be supported in the SDK...

Reactions: tcope
The above circled statement is ambiguous at best! It does not state they will offer it...

It could mean that it will be supported in the SDK...

I'm in close contact with the p3 project managers. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Its even in the manaul...

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
manaul? is that Chinglish? Please show some respect to others... why the disparaging remarks?
DJI also released the product with supposedly working pilot app... you have seen the problems...
There seems to be a lot promised... even in the manaul :)

Last edited:
All I am saying is... After what has been promised, I not holding my breath, if they cant even provide the live streaming et al for Android...

Will it _support_ these functions, yes. Support is different then adding in the actual ability to the Pilot app. We already know that a future firmware release will support this feature as it's in the developers SDK and firmware.

DJI has also stated that the Pilot app has a flight sim but all Android users know this is not true. Someone can easily say that it will be added in the future but then we get to my bottom line.... I'll believe it when I see it. There are also a lot of bug/errors in the current developers firmware and current SDK for the Phantom 3. A lot of these "promised" features still don't work correctly.

As mentioned, DJI employees have said a _lot_ of things that have yet to happen.

Hey, I think the P3 is great and I LOVE the pilot app. I'm just showing that DJI's track record is not all that stellar.

Reactions: Stephan
All I am saying is... After what has been promised, I not holding my breath, if they cant even provide the live streaming et al for Android...
Welcome to the world of technology. The p3 will probably still have another 3 or 4 firmware updates in the next 6 months. It's a new product. In this game it's a race to release the best before the rest, have they done that? Of course they have, there is nothing on the market that can compare to the p3. This was the same with the p2v, then there was the p2v+ then way points, all these advancements always come out incrementally. Calm down all these features will be here soon enough.

Reactions: dirkclod
It cracks me up everytime when people who were chomping at the bit to throw their money on an unproven product through pre order and then start to ***** and moan. Anytime you pre order a product or be one of the first to buy you have to remember you are the real beta testers, maybe next time wait until a product has been released a month or two, it'll help with your expectations and possibly blood pressure

Welcome to the world of technology.

Actually I have been in the tech industry for 20 years...
Here is a lesson DJI...
  • Create a proper user manual... dont leave half the features off for users to figure out...
  • Create a proper manual for programers to program with... the SDK...
  • Don't treat your client like rubbish because you raced to market with an unfinished product...
So if you bought a vehicle on order and it arrived without the satnav working properly or the sound system was missing and you were told wait till we sort it out in the next firmware... whenever we get to it, would you be impressed? I doubt it...

your argument is indefensible to anyone who has lost their P3 and are asking for a replacement

EDIT
PS I think it may be way better than my P2 for all its faults... pity I cant fly it because the last update did not work and I was told... I must wait for the next update. I tried everything they suggested.

Actually I have been in the tech industry for 20 years...
Here is a lesson DJI...
  • Create a proper user manual... dont leave half the features off for users to figure out...
  • Create a proper manual for programers to program with... the SDK...
  • Don't treat your client like rubbish because you raced to market with an unfinished product...
So if you bought a vehicle on order and it arrived without the satnav working properly or the sound system was missing and you were told wait till we sort it out in the next firmware... whenever we get to it, would you be impressed? I doubt it...

your argument is indefensible to anyone who has lost their P3 and are asking for a replacement
You are fighting a losing argument with me on this one I'm afraud
A) because you losing the head like this is amusing to me.
B) because I've been around drones a while now and understand that this is the way this cutting edge technology market works.
And C) because of B, even though I want a P3 and have need for one for 4 jobs I have lined up I have not yet purchased one knowing that the lack of batteries and teething problems in the first month or so that all this brings would get me wound up just like you are now.
Again there are no other drones on the market in this price range that can compare to the P3.
Chill out dude,
Your friend in flight,
Mal :)

It cracks me up everytime when people who were chomping at the bit to throw their money on an unproven product through pre order and then start to ***** and moan. Anytime you pre order a product or be one of the first to buy you have to remember you are the real beta testers, maybe next time wait until a product has been released a month or two, it'll help with your expectations and possibly blood pressure

I wonder if we asked DJI if they could comment on us being the beta testers what their response would be...

This debate is futile...

Reactions: hot dog
If you pre order a brand new iPhone and you are first in line to receive it, you are a real world beta tester for Apple. It's kind of a fact.

You dont have a P3?
Now that you have stated you don't have a P3 your argument has lost its value.

Who is losing their head? I think you read a little more into my phrasings than is actually there...

is it fact... or "kind of fact"... not really the same thing is it... find a quote of any company who states that and they will go under tomorrow...

EDIT...
Actually... Because I am "losing my head" I nearly forgot Apple have a proper beta testing program... for people who sign up to become beta testers... :)

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome
o_O

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20