POI altitude cheat?

Reaction score
Hi all,had my p3p around 5 month now and have been a viewer on this forum for a while. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way around the 5m altitude restriction when carrying out a poi orbit? I want to rotate the phantom around my motorcycle and car but would like to have the phantom only around 2m from the ground. Has anyone found a way of doing this?

Since this was discuss before, one solution would be to park the vehicle on a slight hill top, launch the P3 at least 30' below the vehicle and then increase the P3's height to that of the vehicle.

Thanks, I thought about doing this but would you not have to be directly above your target before applying the Poi, therefore would the p3 already register the height from the target? I'm not sure how you could apply the height below your target then fly into place before pressing "apply" to start the orbit?

Am I missing something...Can't you after setting up your POI as it's doing it just lower your bird to where you want it
as it's circling ?
Edit / I see what I missed . Whoops :(

Thanks, I thought about doing this but would you not have to be directly above your target before applying the Poi, therefore would the p3 already register the height from the target? I'm not sure how you could apply the height below your target then fly into place before pressing "apply" to start the orbit?

The point you take off from is 0 height. Climb 40' up the the vehicle and you are now level with the vehicle and the P3 shows it's at 40'. It takes the height above the take off point, not above current ground.

If I take at the edge of a cliff raise to 5' and then fly over the cliff, I'm still at 5' height.

I am almost certain the Litchi app does not have any restrictions on the orbit function.

Make it easy on yourself, hold the phantom, turn on recording and just walk around the vehicles. Have someone else hold the rc and do some gimbal pitching when you move the bird up over your head while you walk. Be creative.

There is a cheat mode on the RC for exceeding the the 500m altitude limit. Though for once I am going to act responsible and not tell you what it is, sorry. :)

I have just googled the work around for the height limit. Apparently the 'work around' caused a bit of controversy, not surprisingly, and DJI found a way to block it. If you still want to know what that was you can google search like I did. At least that way I wont be that focal point for such a debate. i.e you should not have said etc etc.

Last edited:
There is a height restriction on litchi dji and whatever app there might be and its called the barometer in the phantom. The 5m in go is a ssfety feature. Altitide measurements can and do vary. For example yesterday i flew 3 batteries in a row ave 18 mins per flight. Second battery by end of flight i was at least 3m below where the phantom thought it was and third battery 5m... 2m doesnt give you much room for error. Stationary car and watching things closely you may be of but know its a risk.

There is a cheat mode on the RC for exceeding the the 500m altitude limit. Though for once I am going to act responsible and not tell you what it is, sorry. :)

I have just googled the work around for the height limit. Apparently the 'work around' caused a bit of controversy, not surprisingly, and DJI found a way to block it. If you still want to know what that was you can google search like I did. At least that way I wont be that focal point for such a debate. i.e you should not have said etc etc.

You can fly -I've altitude from the POI. I do this all the time in mountainous country.

So if you launch from a plane, then I suppose the sky is the limit!

Make it easy on yourself, hold the phantom, turn on recording and just walk around the vehicles. Have someone else hold the rc and do some gimbal pitching when you move the bird up over your head while you walk. Be creative.

The simplest solutions are often the best. You could always practice low altitude circles but of course there is a snag to low altitude POI and flying low around the bike, you would be in the video at some point. Hence Shockwave's suggestion is a good one. You could also do a low altitude flypast on each side then edit them together.

Yep my fault. When you put up the header "POI altitude cheat?" I assumed you wanted to cheat the altitude limit. As the limit is 500m that is the limit I thought you wanted to beat. If you had said "how can I use POI at a low altitude" I may not have made that error. I shall have to read more carefully in future before I try and help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers