Pocket Tracker for P3P

Reaction score
One of the things I'd like to add to my P3P is a tracking device. I've followed the posts on the various devices for nearly a year and was wondering if anyone is using the Pocket Finder and if you could report on your results and how you've attached it. Most of the posts on this device are over a year old and none seem to be for the P3's. The weight seems to be well within the payload range but the size seems a bit large for an easy and safe attachment without some kind of mod.

Not looking for comments about other devices unless you tried this one and ended up using a different device.

Thanks

Andrew

Last edited:
Got a link to the "Pocket Tracker"?

A Trackimo would be a better buy since the monthly fee is much less.

The Marco Polo operates within a limited range though. It'll be tougher to locate your Phantom if it flies away 10+ miles. However, it's definitely the best option available if the monthly fee is a deal-breaker.

The Marco Polo operates within a limited range though. It'll be tougher to locate your Phantom if it flies away 10+ miles. However, it's definitely the best option available if the monthly fee is a deal-breaker.
Or if you don't have cell phone coverage ... The Marco Polo is pretty crude - you can find the pet or the Phantom most of the time but, as is true of all radio products, range is limited.

Until they have 20 gram satellite based trackers, it's going to be hit or miss.

Reactions: Brian T
I fly all over NY but much of my work is in the mountains and small villages where you can get cell coverage on one block but not the next and you can text in one area but not get a voice signal. My dream tracker would be able to use both cell and GPS, be easily attached and light weight. If I have to pay a monthly fee to get my bird back that's a small price to pay if I recover the craft and the memory card.

Reactions: Brian T

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl