Pluto Mission: Was it a P3?

Should I recalibrate compass on the next battery swap?

Reactions: Oso
That's gotta be the most complex "unboxing" pic I've ever seen.

Yes, and when it gets to the ISS, even more fun... ;-)

That's some handy 24K gold wrap they use...

RedHotPoker

At LEAST the pilot of this P3 didn't have prop guards.. He would have either tangled those death traps up in Saturn's rings or at the very least ruined that picture with some hideous orange halos in each corner. Not too mention NASA would have looked like an amateur P3er with those ugly things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does Pluto have Saturn rings? ;-)

We are out a bit farther than that here...

RedHotPoker

Sometimes if I am unlucky I am able to see a full Moon rise over Uranus with the naked eye.

Last statement heard from the control room.

"All I did was switch off the transmitter to see if it would return to home and the damned thing hit some Styx!!"

*Now I sit back and wait to see who gets that one.*

I think he's referring to one of Uranus' moons - Styxe, not the song by the band of the same name.
BlackHawk388 - nice wordplay on a common thread in this forum. :rolleyes:

Thanks! I was referring to the second most distant moon from Pluto. It's named Styx IIRC. ;)

Thats a relief because I have heard It's not good to have a Styx in Uranus.

This photo was reported to have been taken in a side room near the New Horizon's control room. A drone pilot was seen flying a P3, believed to be in orbit around Pluto. NASA commented, "We like to keep costs low, but still use the best technology available."
Ha.. No really I was seriously going to do a photoshop of a P3 orbiting around Pluto. I had it on my screen and everything but got sidetracked... :)

Ha.. No really I was seriously going to do a photoshop of a P3 orbiting around Pluto. I had it on my screen and everything but got sidetracked... :)
It was my nine year old son's idea. He hasn't been much interested in the P3 since I got it. Making the Pluto photo got us talking about the pilot app and the tech in the P3. It was great while it lasted. Now he is back to not being very interested in the P3, but I will still have those few minutes! Plus I made a few of you guys smile for a moment. Bonus!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
This photo was reported to have been taken in a side room near the New Horizon's control room. A drone pilot was seen flying a P3, believed to be in orbit around Pluto. NASA commented, "We like to keep costs low, but still use the best technology available."

You guys really believe any crap story you come across on the internet. I took one glimpse of the control room picture and you can tell 100% that the phantom controller was photoshopped into that picture. The coloring and contrast dont even match with the pictures. You guys make me question your intelligence more and more.

You guys really believe any crap story you come across on the internet. I took one glimpse of the control room picture and you can tell 100% that the phantom controller was photoshopped into that picture. The coloring and contrast dont even match with the pictures. You guys make me question your intelligence more and more.
You're joking right? I'd hope you would realize it wasn't intended to be serious, but I'm not that intelligent I guess.

It was my nine year old son's idea. He hasn't been much interested in the P3 since I got it. Making the Pluto photo got us talking about the pilot app and the tech in the P3. It was great while it lasted. Now he is back to not being very interested in the P3, but I will still have those few minutes! Plus I made a few of you guys smile for a moment. Bonus!
Yup, in the same boat. YouTube has captured my son (13) and won't let him go outside to play with the P3.

ROFL!!! Bad photoshop Oso... Like a 9 year old did it. ;-) No way anyone will believe this... :p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic