Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Check the first post in this thread. There is a link to drivers you may need to connect to the micro USB and get the correct com to show up. If it still doesn't connect try disconnecting the USB from the PC and reconnecting. Let us know which profile is loaded on the BaseCam and maybe a screenshot.

SlackerATX said:
Check the first post in this thread. There is a link to drivers you may need to connect to the micro USB and get the correct com to show up. If it still doesn't connect try disconnecting the USB from the PC and reconnecting. Let us know which profile is loaded on the BaseCam and maybe a screenshot.
Gosh, that's what makes this forum so great! Everybody is willing to help everybody... :) Now if I could just get $10 from everybody online, I would be happy.

Hey SlackerATX,

can you do us a huge favor? It looks like you might have the best settings so far for the basecam gui settings.

Can you save your profile and upload it here so other people can try it out as well?

That would really help us taco-supreme and taco users!

Thanks!

amkorp said:
Hey SlackerATX,

can you do us a huge favor? It looks like you might have the best settings so far for the basecam gui settings.

Can you save your profile and upload it here so other people can try it out as well?

That would really help us taco-supreme and taco users!

Thanks!

I had the taco folks send me the default profile so I'll post that when I get back to the house. I've made a few tweaks but haven't tested sufficiently to know if it helps at all. Hopefully at some point we'll be able to get a really good config.

I think the most important thing you can do is calibrate the IMU in the BaseCam GUI, but that's something everyone will have to do personally because the IMU is attached to the mount and possibly slightly different. I don't know how accurately they calibrate it leaving the taco factory.

That's good advice, doing the 6 point calibration is probably the best bet for anyone having issues with stability and movement on the gimbal.

Wow. So much info and knowledge. This gimbal/software calibration thing scares me somewhat. But ill give it a shot when I finally escape this darn westfield shopping centre.

Update 1
Ok, got the driver installed. now i just need the profile to load. weirdly the pitch and roll seem to be showing up on the thing on the right opposite to what they should be. what do i do next?!!!

Update 2
I foolishly fiddled. Now it just jerks about having a seizure ;o(

pugnacious said:
Wow. So much info and knowledge. This gimbal/software calibration thing scares me somewhat. But ill give it a shot when I finally escape this darn westfield shopping centre.

Update 1
Ok, got the driver installed. now i just need the profile to load. weirdly the pitch and roll seem to be showing up on the thing on the right opposite to what they should be. what do i do next?!!!

Update 2
I foolishly fiddled. Now it just jerks about having a seizure ;o(

This is the default profile I received from the Taco Supreme folks. Load this into the GUI and let us know how it goes.

When I first loaded the GUI my roll and pitch were backwards. The roll should be horizontal with the P2V and the pitch should point to the right in the GUI if the camera is pointed straight ahead.

Attachments

• Taco Supreme.profile.zip
    735 bytes · Views: 191

thanks so much
so nearly there.
its just not quite at centre now.
is there a guide to callibration?

pugnacious said:
thanks so much
so nearly there.
its just not quite at centre now.
is there a guide to callibration?

Not quite at center how?

Post a screen shot of the GUI (can you screen shot?) and I can tell you what to click on. I don't have it here in front of me and I've since deleted the photo of the GUI from my brain.

Press the small button on the gimbal once and hold the gimbal the way you want it. (you should be able to move the gimbal freely)

When done, press the button 3 times and wait (while holding the gimbal in the new position) for it to give some kicks!

When done correct this will be the new horizontal position!

>> It might need some practice to get it right

I hope they send Slacker a couple of free gimbals or something for all his sterling work as Taco Support for this plug-and-play gimbal, he's saving them a fortune in time alone!

This and other threads for lots of products, both DJI and third party, really do showcase the best of the phantompilots.com community.

Group hug! :D

Got my Taco Supreme today... I ordered on Monday... Installed, adjusted the gimbal settings, loaded the default Taco Supreme Profile... Stays level... Did a night test... looked good... Gonna do a daytime test... It came with everything...

Attachments

• image3 (2).jpeg
    image3 (2).jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 742
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    220.3 KB · Views: 683
  • image1 (2).jpeg
    image1 (2).jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 637

semaj said:
Got my Taco Supreme today... I ordered on Monday... Installed, adjusted the gimbal settings, loaded the default Taco Supreme Profile... Stays level... Did a night test... looked good... Gonna do a daytime test... It came with everything...

looks good..these gimbals are not bad..they do the job with a little tinkering.

semaj said:

Remember to apply thread lock to the damper protector screw to avoid loosening.

So, does this gimbal come complete or not ?I would like to order one but it's not clear if you need to order the camera shell and wiring kit.

I emailed them before ordering. He said everything is included, even the damper protectors. It looks like semaj got the camera cradle as well. So its a complete kit.

Just wanna say thanks for all the help here.
It is hardly a 'plug and play' job...yes from a hardware point of view but no from a software set up view.
Mine seems to be pretty good now.
Slightly wonky horizon and also the motors seem to make this loud buzzing noise now and then and you can feel a vibration.
But the proof will be in the real run, when i get a moment.
Slacker - why dont you put this bit in the OP -
5. Detach the lower vibration damping plate (with camera connected) from the 4 vibration damping balls.
6. Disconnect the pitch control cable coming from the underside of the P2V.
7. Pull away the small rubber insert on one of the "ears" of the FC200 camera.
8. Unscrew and remove the single Phillips screw.
9. Remove the small hard plastic servo transmission block from the inside of the “ear”.
10. Carefully remove the camera.
Thats the only bit I had to hunt for.
Thanks again

pugnacious said:
Just wanna say thanks for all the help here.
It is hardly a 'plug and play' job...yes from a hardware point of view but no from a software set up view.
Mine seems to be pretty good now.
Slightly wonky horizon and also the motors seem to make this loud buzzing noise now and then and you can feel a vibration.
But the proof will be in the real run, when i get a moment.
Slacker - why dont you put this bit in the OP -
5. Detach the lower vibration damping plate (with camera connected) from the 4 vibration damping balls.
6. Disconnect the pitch control cable coming from the underside of the P2V.
7. Pull away the small rubber insert on one of the "ears" of the FC200 camera.
8. Unscrew and remove the single Phillips screw.
9. Remove the small hard plastic servo transmission block from the inside of the “ear”.
10. Carefully remove the camera.
Thats the only bit I had to hunt for.
Thanks again

I'll consolidate the notes. You should really try and do the IMU calibration in the GUI or the button method mentioned above. It should level out the camera. The noise is annoying but I believe if you are hearing the same thing as me it is actually the controller. You can config the controller to use a higher frequency in the GUI, which is nearly silent.

SlackerATX said:
The noise is annoying but I believe if you are hearing the same thing as me it is actually the controller. You can config the controller to use a higher frequency in the GUI, which is nearly silent.

The TS default profile already has the PWM frequency set to "HIGH"(silent). You might double check in the GUI on the Advanced Tab, but the sound you're hearing might be something different.

Thanks
No its the motors kinda vibrating because when you touch them you can feel them vibrating. Its only in certain positions.
IMU calibration in the GUI-is there any info on how to do this anywhere? last time i played with this it all went crazy.
Thanks again for all the info slacker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers