Plug-N-Play 3DPower 2-Axis Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Re: New Plug-N-Play 3DPower Gimbal (aka Taco Supreme)

Price is right for this type of gimbal (there are a bunch of these for the gopro systems)

Only thing about this one is that it's not plug and play. Requires tapping into the main power of the P2V (with soldering) and splicing into pre-existing harnesses to get it running correctly.

For those that don't mind that, it's probably just as good as all the other options out there.

Noël said:
Love the Kevlar look and use, but hate the need to extend the legs.
Still $129 is a good deal I think.
I AM ORDERING ONE JUST TO play with... will let you know.

How much does it weigh? I'd be interested in one also, looks lighter than taco

AllanVB.

I've just ordered one too for a friend.

taco rc..you are killing me slowly. this is the direct power upgrade kit..lol..no instructions whatsoever. how the hell am I supposed to hook this thing up?

board attachment quota has been reached? the hell?

looks like the taco people forgot to send the signal wire with my directpower kit.. :evil:

Pull_Up said:
tizzl10 said:
looks like the taco people forgot to send the signal wire with my directpower kit.. :evil:

Bit of a QC issue in the packing department, then...
Yes, looks like quite a few companies in this business have the same problems... Think they went to different schools together? :)

Pull_Up said:
tizzl10 said:

Bit of a QC issue in the packing department, then...

Or... It could be a case of "Hey Chiang... we're outta cables!" No problem, ship it anyhow. By the time he gets it and complains, we'll have cables. :roll:

grrrr
im struggling with mine.
it works like a charm for banks to left and right. but it moves so slowly for up and down tilts and and with each tilt it returns to a neutral slightly lower down. This means after rocking it back and forwards a couple of time, it ends up pointing at the ground :x
any ideas?
whats the micro usb slot for on the gimble? how can i adjust it with software?
ta

pugnacious said:
grrrr
im struggling with mine.
it works like a charm for banks to left and right. but it moves so slowly for up and down tilts and and with each tilt it returns to a neutral slightly lower down. This means after rocking it back and forwards a couple of time, it ends up pointing at the ground :x
any ideas?
ta

Did you change the phantom gimbal setting?

Please make sure you set the "Pitch: Gain" to 0

"SERVO TRAVEL LIMIT" to 200 -400 -800

pugnacious said:
grrrr
im struggling with mine.
any ideas?
ta

I think you mean pitch is misbehaving. You need to update the gimbal settings in the phantom assistant software. I update the OP with some posts from others.

gunslinger said:
Or... It could be a case of "Hey Chiang... we're outta cables!" No problem, ship it anyhow. By the time he gets it and complains, we'll have cables. :roll:

Yup, this sounds about right! :lol:

Thanks
I feel stupid now!
But annoyingly, as per my other post 'Why does it keep saying you need to upgrade in vision soft?'
I cant seem to change my settings because the software insists i need to upgrade the firmware despite it saying it has the latest version

Got it, my software wasnt recongnising that there was a whole new update!!!
but what is this taco profile thing?
Now all seems to be working if looking straight ahead but when I turn it downwards it starts juddering. Help!

amkorp said:
Did you also load the tarco gimbal profile from the gimbal software ?

Where did you get the profile? Does it come preloaded on the BaseCam controller?

pugnacious said:
Got it, my software wasnt recongnising that there was a whole new update!!!
but what is this taco profile thing?
Now all seems to be working if looking straight ahead but when I turn it downwards it starts juddering. Help!
What did you change so far? Can you post video of the issue you're having now?

Sorry
I'm being so needy.
This comes with no documentation though.
I've installed the hardware.
I've updated the vision software and firmware
I have gone into gimbal section of soft and changed all the values as per recent post.
Now it works fine facing forward.
If I use the phone app to adjust the pitch of the camera it is fine until it gets about 35 degrees below the horizontal.
Then it starts doing this jumpy thing where is keeps flicking up and down.
As for the taco profile - i cant seem to connect to the board. when i run SimpleBGC_GUI.exe under connection there is only COM1 option which is there even if the darn thing isn't connected by usb.
Looking in the profiles of the zip folder there is no taco profile. Just 'a' 'b' '2' and 'sunny'.
I'm so close to it, im sure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav