Plug and play FPV options

Reaction score
Just ordered my DJI Phantom this morning. I think my very first upgrade will be FPV video but I'm not much of a DIY-er, any insights on best plug and play options out there? Or at least pretty easy installs for a novice?

I see that KumbaCam makes a plug and play option for $360, comes with 7" screen, transmitters, wiring etc... Any insight on this?
http://kumbacam.com/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=60

The DSLRPro.com "FPV Field Monitor Kit for Phantom" is $299 but it isn't entirely plug and play and the screen is quite small (3.5")
http://www.dslrpros.com/Products/tabid/ ... roductName

I've already read that many people order the Skylark 7" screen and then add a mount, transmitter and batteries? Is this a good route?

Not interested in the googles, looking for a good monitor FPV choice. Any suggestions?

Thanks! Jeffrey

I got this complete FPV kit from Ready Made RC

254.00 "FPV Starter kit 5.8GHz, includes the following:"
"8"" monitor"
Hero3 camera cable
Video Tx ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz
Video Rx Uno5800 5.8GHz
Battery 450mAh (for Tx)
Battery 1100mAh (for Rx)

careysb said:
I got this complete FPV kit from Ready Made RC

254.00 "FPV Starter kit 5.8GHz, includes the following:"
"8"" monitor"
Hero3 camera cable
Video Tx ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz
Video Rx Uno5800 5.8GHz
Battery 450mAh (for Tx)
Battery 1100mAh (for Rx)

Thanks, any comment on how the system is working out? Was it easy to install? How did you found screen to controller?
Pictures or videos would be awesome if you have any! Thanks!

Isn't it nicer to use the glasses for FPV? Dominators or other Fatsharks? Is it that difficult to order RX/TX and put it together DIY?

jmgriffin said:
jmgriffin said:
I see that KumbaCam makes a plug and play option for $360, comes with 7" screen, transmitters, wiring etc... Any insight on this?
http://kumbacam.com/index.php?route=pro ... duct_id=60

Does anyone have any experience with KumbaCam.com? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on the FPV system.

Don't have a ton of experience as I just got it today. The install was as easy as what the video shows. Charged all the batteries and took it out for a 5-minute test flight. The monitor is large enough to show details and didn't feel overly awarkward connected to the transmitter. I need to run it a little more and see if I can adjust the brightness as it was a little washed out in the Arizona sun. I am going to see if I can work up some sort of sun screen to help counter the washout. All in all I like it. I found myself spending an equal amount of time looking at the monitor and the Phantom which helped framing the video.

I don't have much more time to test it out before leaving for a shoot in Jackson Hole where I plan on using this quite a bit.

I'd give this a 9 out of 10 (maybe a little more) can't see the need for the remote which in this application easily been left out or replaced with some type of sun shade. I am however very pleased with it.

Hi guys,

I recently purchased from KumbaCam. I ended up going with the Arris CM2000 gimbal and the FPV set. The service was second to none and the products are great. The gimbal is 100% plug and play, and works remarkably well. I no longer need to stabilize my footage!

The shipping was extremely fast, and Sam was always available and very helpful when I had questions.

I'd recommend anyone looking for a low maintenance FPV setup and gimbal to contact www.kumbacam.com

I'll be uploading a video shortly.

Jason

I agree that Kumba Cam is excellant however I do have one gripe - they don't list any telephonr number to speak with a live person. I've got the FPV yesterday and am very satisfied next up will be the gimbal as soon as they offer the current one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers