Pls Help me with my setup choices!

Reaction score
At the moment all I have a GoPro 4 Silver...

I want to end up with:
- The most recent version of the Phantom 2....
- a 3D Gimball for my GoPro 4 Silver
- a 7 inch FPV monitor with good resolution and of course all those signal/range extender antennas or whatever else they are called...
- at least a total of 2 and if possible 3 more spare batteries... ( So a total of 4 batteries is the best if I can afford )

My budget is around $1500 - $1600...

Is this do-able?

Thanks in advance guys!

Oh BTW I am in San Jose, California area... I would like to be able to walk in to a place where I can see and touch the actual items before I buy i if it's possible... I hate to order it online... Any ideas who carries these stuff within 100 mile radius of San Jose, CA and good to shop from?

Hi there and welcome to the forums, The search function will be your best be as many people have their personal preferences in their set up choices. You already have the go pro which is the 1/4th the cost of the whole set up. The rest can be had for about $1300 if you're a DIY'er. Here is a useful link that you will want to utilize when setting up your FPV (First Person View). viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

Appreciated for the info!

I am more of a pilot than engineer... I can't built a plane unfortunately but I fly them... In real life I mean...
Even though I'd like to stay under $1500 for my ideal setup, IF I can get a really good unit for a little more I do not mind to spend a few hundred dollars more...

I mean, if $1500 will get me a mediocre setup rather than a much better setup for $1800, I rather spend $300 more and get the better unit/s.

Good solid FPV set up will cost about $400, so if you include the extra batteries you are looking at about $1700 total not including gopro.

QYV put together some good links for FPV equipment

I like boscam stuff because it is good quality for a good price. Great FPV comes down to having great antennas, I highly recommend the set from FPVLR. Save $ with the boscam stuff and splurge with the FPVLR antennas. Definetely get IOSDmini, plug and play cables makes it all simple to install.

You can buy a new phantom 2 and the H4-3D gimbal as a package deal and save $100. Correction: Get the H3-3D per dptcalvin's suggestion below

Phantom 2 with H3-3D $959
FPV set up $400-$450
3 extra batteries $300 - $390

There is no gimbal made specifically for the Hero 4 Silver. Just FYI. Weight and balance wise, my 4 Silver works fine with my H3-3D. The H4-3D is made for the 4 Black, which is heavier. May or may not work.

Phantom 2 V2.0 with SECOND battery for $979.00 From Amazon. I bought from this seller in January and everything was excellent.
http://www.amazon.com/version-DJI-Phant ... 083&sr=1-8

2 pack of batteries for $200 (I just received batts today from this seller) ... this would give you 4 batteries total.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I3J ... UTF8&psc=1

Good FPV Set up ... approx $400 total
See this thread ... viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413
Boscam 5802 ... approx. $140
Transmitter TS353 ... approx. $40
Mini iOSD ... approx. $70
PnP cable ... approx. $10
Premium antennas ... $110
Rave Monitor mount ... approx $25

That puts you at a grand total of about $1,580.00 +/-

As noted, not sure how well the Hero 4 Silver will work on the H3-3D gimbal, but it sounds like some are having success with it. Might have to velcro on a quarter or other coin to balance, but likely doable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.