Plexi Drone

Unfortunately if it relies on WiFi from a phone as it's only control method then the range will be very limited. Basically it sounds like it may be equivalent to the Parrot "AR drone" which has issues.

I want to disclose right away that I am one of the founders of DreamQii - Nicky.

Plexidrone does not actually work over WiFi. It uses Bluetooth to connect to the plexihub and the plexihub relays the data over 900mhz or 800mhz depending on the country you are in.

We limit the range to 1km but you can get up to 10km with the built in hardware.

Hope that clears some things up.

Regards
Nicky

Nicky, I'm very glad to learn that you are participating here. The PlexiDrone is beginning to draw attention here and on other UAV internet groups. It is also raising a lot of questions as the Indiegogo campaign page seems to be rather light on essential details -- motor and battery specs for example. This article also casts serious doubt on the Plexi's 35 minute flight time. I'd hate to see a promising project derailed by negative word-of-mouth.

Can you please give us some more info?

http://www.dronegods.com/plexidrone-another-crowdfunded-quadcopter-but-is-it-realistic/

winger88 said:
I want to disclose right away that I am one of the founders of DreamQii - Nicky.

Plexidrone does not actually work over WiFi. It uses Bluetooth to connect to the plexihub and the plexihub relays the data over 900mhz or 800mhz depending on the country you are in.

We limit the range to 1km but you can get up to 10km with the built in hardware.

Hope that clears some things up.

Regards
Nicky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20