Pleasure Pier Galveston Texas

Hi Paul. Search "unlock nfz" and there are several threads on how to properly fly in restricted space. DJI's website also has a section that explains it. I think you have to set up an account with them and give them a credit card number, which turned me off even if it was only for identification. I think the best bet is to fly within the rules, as much as you can at least. There's still plenty of great photography to be had without endangering anyone.

Did anybody else fly today? I got some great footage of the Harvest Moon Regatta. 143 sailboats racing to Corpus Christi. I should be able to weave a utube video in a day or two.

He told me if I fly over the pier again he was going to call Home land security on me. He will tell them you are a terrorist.

He trumped that with the DHS..

Hahahahaha.... that is funny. The biggest issue here would have been his false statement. The Department of Homeland Security does not care about your drone flight.. that is it. Period.. end of statement. They just don't. There are real terrorist.

Kills me to hear these stories. It is not even a restricted area. So it is pretty easy. Don't fly over people stay out of restricted airspace. Be smart. Easy enough.

DHS - ROTFLMAO

That dude wouldn't know where to begin to call.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here's that Pleasure Pier video. Give it a day or two for the 4k to kick in. For some reason the resolution is low at first.
Wow, that is very cool!

Thanks. It turned out to be a good sailboat race. The Condor beat Nelda Ray by 4 seconds after 16 hours. I drove down to Freeport to get another shot but they were about 5 miles offshore and I turned around about 3.5. Great conditions for sailing. I always wanted to sail that race.

Here's that Pleasure Pier video. Give it a day or two for the 4k to kick in. For some reason the resolution is low at first.
Check this out:

How about we make this the Houston flyers ??? I am planning on going Flounder fishing tomorrow , any of you going to Galveston this weekend ??? It all depends on the wind. I will do some flying and fishing if the wind is not to bad. Dot to shore wear I will end up. Want to catch some fish, if they are not biting I will try to fly. Any one else ????????

I can't make it tomorrow but let us know how you make out. According to my chart plotter there might be some more shipwrecks on the north side of the north jetty. There is one for sure 1 km off the beach at rettilon road on the Bolivar peninsula. I've been to that one. Just an old fishing boat it looks like. Drones are excellent for exploring shipwrecks.

How about we make this the Houston flyers ??? I am planning on going Flounder fishing tomorrow , any of you going to Galveston this weekend ??? It all depends on the wind. I will do some flying and fishing if the wind is not to bad. Dot to shore wear I will end up. Want to catch some fish, if they are not biting I will try to fly. Any one else ????????
I'm working this weekend, can't make it either. Thanks for the invite though!

Well Saturday was to windy for flying, lots of ships there.
Caught a lot of sand trout.
Went back Sunday and the wind was flat for a while ..Caught a few Croker.
Here are some pics I got.

The coastguard station.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31