please take a look at a couple of newbie questions

Reaction score
This is my first post. Hello one and all!

Newbies questions.

I ordered my Vision 2 from B&H on Dec 11th. I haven't had time to learn how to use it till now. It does not have the external port on the Radio Controller.

1. Can I assume that I need to upgrade the firmware of both the RC and the Vision Copter before flying it?

2. Even after the upgrade, can we expect it to take 8 seconds to record each and every capture to the micro SD card???? that is a long time! I have no desire to shoot Jpegs.

I still have time to return this to B&H. I think I bought this too early. I sure hope the Mac RC assistant would come out very soon. Just have to go to the DJI Vision Support page twice a day till it does.

I am disappointed that there are so many hoops to jump through. I thought this was a turn-key, fly right out of the box solution. Oh well. Nothing too difficult to overcome, I hope.

lutece7 said:
This is my first post. Hello one and all!

Newbies questions.

I ordered my Vision 2 from B&H on Dec 11th. I haven't had time to learn how to use it till now. It does not have the external port on the Radio Controller.

1. Can I assume that I need to upgrade the firmware of both the RC and the Vision Copter before flying it?

2. Even after the upgrade, can we expect it to take 8 seconds to record each and every capture to the micro SD card???? that is a long time! I have no desire to shoot Jpegs.

I still have time to return this to B&H. I think I bought this too early. I sure hope the Mac RC assistant would come out very soon. Just have to go to the DJI Vision Support page twice a day till it does.

I am disappointed that there are so many hoops to jump through. I thought this was a turn-key, fly right out of the box solution. Oh well. Nothing too difficult to overcome, I hope.

I got mine from a dealer in Vegas around 30 Dec and I had to do all the firmware upgrades to it. Also mine did not come with the USB on the back of the transmitter so I had to open that to do the update.

David

lutece7 said:

Compared to most of the equivalent-sized and spec'd quads on the market this is as near to fly out of the box you are going to get. Don't forget that under the hood is a lot of technology doing its thing. There are going to be firmware updates along the way to give you more features, less chance of crashing, more stability, etc. - just like you get "performance and security updates" for your computer/phone/tablet, etc.

It's still early days for the Vision (released 1st November!) so there are bound to be more stability and performance updates in this early phase. The good news is going forward updating the aircraft firmware is a pretty simple procedure. Once you've used the Assistant software to do it you'll see it's straightforward. Don't let it put you off - get the latest updates done and enjoy the flying. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20