Please recommend gains for my P2, it is dancing around.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a P2 with Gimbal, mini OSD, immersion tx, and a GoPro 3 BE attached.

I cannot get it to have a properly stable flight, meaning it is dancing around, doesn't fly straight, and additionally when going forward it always steers left right, left right. Every second or so it steers by a few degrees left and right.

Tried the default settings, settings recommended by DJI support, but no luck.

Anyone can help pls ?

Thanks.

Fanti said:
Hi everyone,

I have a P2 with Gimbal, mini OSD, immersion tx, and a GoPro 3 BE attached.

I cannot get it to have a properly stable flight, meaning it is dancing around, doesn't fly straight, and additionally when going forward it always steers left right, left right. Every second or so it steers by a few degrees left and right.

Tried the default settings, settings recommended by DJI support, but no luck.

Anyone can help pls ?

Thanks.

Stock gains should not be your problem. Try recalibrating compass and/or IMU.

Props Balanced ?

Did you do advanced IMU calibration? Did the check all the readings to make sure they are within DJI's recommendations?
Also, did you move the compass on the leg (check compass readings with Assistant and make sure that they are below about 1800.

A video of the dancing Phantom might help us figure it out what's going on. Some dancing is normal. As for not flying straight, is it yawing consistently i.e. making a big circle or is simply not square with the front/sides/back? I also have some issues with it not tracking perfectly forward or sideways and often have to compensate but the deviation is pretty consistent.

have you changed any settings from the DJI default factory settings and gains? Good idea to shoot a video as recommended by ianwood.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20