Please!! Please help with uploading my Phantom videos!

Reaction score
Please,
How do I send my phantom micro sd card MP4 videos, if possible to my iPad 3?
Why when I drag and drop my MP4 videos to my new YouTube page upload does nothing happen???? Wth!!
For more info on my upload problems please check my recent posts from Redphantom33.

Any help would be greatly appreciated from you guys and stop me from killing myself!!!!
Thanks,
Frustrated Tim

I realize I'm in the wrong forum for this question instead of the Phantom vision 2plus forum, but I could not get a button to make new post on that forum, like everything else tonight nothing works right, maybe this forum moderators can send it to the correct forum! Thanks

Moved this for you. ;)

Reactions: TBuggy
You need to do 1 of 3 things.
1) In the Vision App, go to the gallery while your bird and phone/tablet are still connected over the phantom wifi, select the photos/videos you want to put on your device, and press the button in the right hand corner of the screen (kinds resembles double arrows). This will download whatever you selected directly to your device using the wifi link btwn your bird and your device. You can even do it on your drive home if you leave everything on after your last flight.
or
2) Remove your sd card from the camera, stick it in your computer's card reader, drag the stuff off the card onto your computer, and do with it what you want.
or
3) Plug your camera into your computer using a USB cable, drag the stuff off the card onto your computer, and do with it what you want.

IMO, #1 is the simplest. I use Google+ and I have the DJI folder on my device set to auto-backup, so when I sync the Vision gallery with my device, when I get home my device automatically backs up my stuff to G+, and then it's available to all of my other devices (tablet, pc, etc) automagically. I think Apple has a similar feature, and Amazon does as well.

Apple devices can't read the 60fps video format... Or at least mine can't lol....time to upgrade perhaps!

I have never been able to transfer files from Phantom to my Ipad mini via wifi, I believe it is because there is no Micro SD card in ipads, I have trashed my mini for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

For You tube, hit the upload button to access files on your device, or do a share to you tube from the file

Youtube should be a snap. It is from a PC anyway. Step 1 is to copy the file off your memory card and onto the PC's hard drive. Then play the file. That will test the file and make sure it's readable. After that, log into your Youtube channel and hit the "Upload" button that's in the top right corner of the screen.

From there you can drag and drop the file to the middle of your web browser or just hit the word Upload and browse for the file. It takes quite a while to upload a video so make sure your browser stays open the whole time. Don't let your computer go to sleep or hibernate or anything like that. You should see a status bar as the file uploads and processes. Eventually Youtube will give you a link to the file that you can share.

GSSP said:
I have never been able to transfer files from Phantom to my Ipad mini via wifi, I believe it is because there is no Micro SD card in ipads, I have trashed my mini for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

That's most certainly not why. There might not be a "micro sd card" in an ipad, but there is internal flash memory, which is what allows you to download stuff to the device, and also what the 32GB or 64GB means when you go buy one...

You have to be on the phantom's wifi network to access photos/videos on the phantom. Just install the vision app on whatever device you want to download the media to, fire up the bird, connect to it's wifi, go into the vision gallery and download. It's literally that simple.

Alternatively you can buy a Lightning to SD Card reader (and a micro sd card to sd card adapter if you don't already have 50 laying around) and transfer them that way. http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Card-Camera-Reader/dp/B009WHV3I0

bbfpv said:
GSSP said:

That's most certainly not why. There might not be a "micro sd card" in an ipad, but there is internal flash memory, which is what allows you to download stuff to the device, and also what the 32GB or 64GB means when you go buy one...

Alternatively you can buy a Lightning to SD Card reader (and a micro sd card to sd card adapter if you don't already have 50 laying around) and transfer them that way. http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Lightning-Card-Camera-Reader/dp/B009WHV3I0
:D
The Lightning adapter is the way to go. After flying, I pull the sd card and select the picture and video files to copy and they load right onto the iPad mini while I'm driving home.

MHL

Thanks for help guys first of all.
I got a card reader adapter for my iPad so got the phantom videos on iPad.
Also have no problems getting phantom videos on PC hard drive long time ago.
My ISSUE is I cannot share my videos with anyone!!!!!
Dropping my PC phantom videos from hard drive to YouTube upload box WILL NOT WORK!!!!
The only reason I figured out how to get phantom vids on iPad was that I heard I could add music and edit videos with iMovie, (which I have done) but I click button to upload them to YouTube and it won't work!! All it does is send me to an youtube account verification page, which I have done all I can do, and no instructions further to upload video then I'm back to square one!!!
Tried sending phantom iMovie to FB with no luck also!!! Unreal!!!

Redphantom33 said:
Thanks for help guys first of all.
I got a card reader adapter for my iPad so got the phantom videos on iPad.
Also have no problems getting phantom videos on PC hard drive long time ago.
My ISSUE is I cannot share my videos with anyone!!!!!
Dropping my PC phantom videos from hard drive to YouTube upload box WILL NOT WORK!!!!
The only reason I figured out how to get phantom vids on iPad was that I heard I could add music and edit videos with iMovie, (which I have done) but I click button to upload them to YouTube and it won't work!! All it does is send me to an youtube account verification page, which I have done all I can do, and no instructions further to upload video then I'm back to square one!!!
Tried sending phantom iMovie to FB with no luck also!!! Unreal!!!

When you share from iMovie - save video instead of sharing to YT. This will (although its such a long time since I used it on an iPad) store the file on your camera roll. You can then log onto the YouTube app and upload the file that way. But it takes forever. Better using a mac or pc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers