PLEASE NEED HELP WITH RF-V16 TRACKER TO SET UP

Reaction score
Hi, please if some of you have tracker rf-v16 with AT&T OR T-MOBILE to help me with some info.I call both at&t and t-mobile and when talk with customer service at& t ask for IMEI number and i give IMEI number i was told this device is 2G and DONT WORK WITH AT&T i need 3g or 4g device.Can you please tell me what to ask when call at&t or t-mobile please step by step (plan,do i need to give imei number ,do i need plan with data or only voice and text ect).Hope some of you has those providers in USA !
Thanks !!

Hi thanks for replay ,i watch this before but my problem is on start when i call att or t-mobile i was told they dont provide service for 2G tracker is to old and i was told i need new tracker with 3G or 4G ?
Thanks

I bought a T-Mobile sim card on Ebay and followed the activation information that came with the sim card. Set up an online account and mine works without any problem. I do not have a data plan with mine. Costs $3.00 per month and gives you 30 minutes of talk/text time. So in my area the 2G is still working. I think that tracker does work on 2G but when I put the sim card into an unlock gophone is shows a 3G connection. Some informaton I read last year that 2G was slowly going away. Don't really know if that is fact or not.

Hi Happyflyer ,can you please give me eBay item number or link to bay same SIM card like you but !
And what you mean ( I put SIM card into an unlock go phone ) do I need to have go phone ?
Please give me some more info !Do i need unlock rf-v16 and how if i need ?Do you have phone with t-mobile ?When i try to open t-mobile account ask me for t-mobile phone number but i dont have one i have verizon .When you buy sim card from ebay you have instruction how to open account without t-mobile phone?Let me know ?
Thanks

dmmico said:
Hi Happyflyer ,can you please give me eBay item number or link to bay same SIM card like you but !
And what you mean ( I put SIM card into an unlock go phone ) do I need to have go phone ?
Please give me some more info !Do i need unlock rf-v16 and how if i need ?Do you have phone with t-mobile ?When i try to open t-mobile account ask me for t-mobile phone number but i dont have one i have verizon .When you buy sim card from ebay you have instruction how to open account without t-mobile phone?Let me know ?
Thanks
It has been so many months since I purchased the T-Mobile sim card I would guess that seller may not still be around. Search on Ebay for sim cards for

T-Mobile should get you started. I put the card into a gophone so I can use up the remaining minutes each month. I see no reason to let them expire. I am poor and do

not like to throw money away. No unlocking of the tracker is done. You have to go online to activate the sim card with the instruction that should come with the card.

You get the phone number at that time. Since you have a verizon account, have you gone to a verizon store and discussed the tracker with them?

I would pick the first one you have listed because it shows it has activation info. It was way last Summer when I did mine and I really do not remember what number I used when activating the sim. My guess would be the tracker number, but not sure.

Ok all done i order first one .will see i let you know .Thanks for your help Happyflyer .

A data plan enabled SIMs is not needed for the RF-v16- unless you want to track real time on the net.
A simple 2G voice and text PAYG is all that is required. No 'activation' is needed
A couple of other points:
*Take great care when setting the master. If you mis-type the number the tracker will be locked to that number- end off.
*To prevent the tracker going into sleep mode, which then requires multiple texts to get it to wake, carry out the following-
Text > tim,1# <
Then text > goff# <

This will cause it to always send the google map link/co-ordinates, but reduce the battery life to around 6 hours.

A data plan enabled SIMs is not needed for the RF-v16- unless you want to track real time on the net.
A simple 2G voice and text PAYG is all that is required. No 'activation' is needed
A couple of other points:
*Take great care when setting the master. If you mis-type the number the tracker will be locked to that number- end off.
*To prevent the tracker going into sleep mode, which then requires multiple texts to get it to wake, carry out the following-
Text > tim,1# <
Then text > goff# <

This will cause it to always send the google map link/co-ordinates, but reduce the battery life to around 6 hours.

Okay, I admit that I still haven't activated my RF-V16, as I decided to use it for my Mom and that is a lousy excuse! I do love her! She recently got robbed and the gun, pepper spray and stun gun didn't help her. I am re-installing the anti-James Bond alarm system, though this happened while she was unloading groceries. I did grab my "Go Bag" and jumped in the car. Supposedly police cars were everywhere. I didn't see one darn car.

Anyway, I have a Verizon phone and since AT&T coverage doesn't work here, I bought a T-Mobile card. My assumption was a SIM card was necessary as the tracker is basically a phone. A push of its button calls the number you programmed. Plus, you can call the tracker's number.

So, I don't understand how it can work without a SIM card and it having a phone number. Please enlighten me. :)

Okay, I admit that I still haven't activated my RF-V16, as I decided to use it for my Mom and that is a lousy excuse! I do love her! She recently got robbed and the gun, pepper spray and stun gun didn't help her. I am re-installing the anti-James Bond alarm system, though this happened while she was unloading groceries. I did grab my "Go Bag" and jumped in the car. Supposedly police cars were everywhere. I didn't see one darn car.

Anyway, I have a Verizon phone and since AT&T coverage doesn't work here, I bought a T-Mobile card. My assumption was a SIM card was necessary as the tracker is basically a phone. A push of its button calls the number you programmed. Plus, you can call the tracker's number.

So, I don't understand how it can work without a SIM card and it having a phone number. Please enlighten me. :)
I think what he means is that you don't have to activate the gprs (data ) on the sim..
I don't think version works with 3rd party devices..
t mobil works good if they provide coverage in your area. .I can provide you with instructions if you need them..pm me if you'd like me to e mail them to you. .
happy flying. .
turbo. .

Hi,ok i have sim card follow activation instruction and add $10.00 on my sim card .Ok i try to call my new t-mobile tel number and rf-v16 rings" works" ,but when i go to sing up to my t-mobile account i have massage from t-mobile For verification purposes, a text message containing a temporary password was just sent to my tel number. Ok my question how to check for this massage when i dont have access to tracker messenger ?(if i have phone you can go to text massage and read but how to do with this tracker ?)I try to send massage to tracker look like this 123456,sos1,7017390...# but i did not received any massage back from tracker .What i doing wrong and how to check massage from t-mobile for my temporary password /PLEASE HELP
THANKS

This is difficult, because you seem to be describing some T mobile security system that does not apply here in UK.
It appears that the tracker has sent a message back, but T mobile has intercepted it.

But perhaps that does not matter. If the tracker replied it would only have read 'master number set successfully'

I think the problem you have is that the tracker does not store the message on the SIM.
Anyway, take the SIM back out of the tracker, put it in another phone and see if you can retrieve the message. If that does not work just experiment texting the new SIM in a phone.

But remember, it is highly likely that the tracker has accepted your master phone number and is locked to that number.

The only other thing I can think of- try putting any other known working SIM in the tracker and text
> dw# < . However, when you put another SIM in the tracker it should send an alert to the master number to advise that the SIM has been changed.

Sorry this has been a bit long winded- but I will keep an eye on your progress.

(Just remember- the tracker is locked to your master phone SIMs, not the SIMs in it.)

Ok guys i go step by step have t mobile sim card i go on websites and activated sim car .to sing up t mobile account need to have t mobile phone because they text me temporary password ok i dont have t mobile phone and i takes my Verizon phone take out sim card and install t mobile sim card resend password from t mobile website and now i have text massage with my password for t mobile accont so my sim card work.So took out sim card and install in rf-v16 tracker and call It tracker ring and i send text massage like 123456, sos1,701739....# and try Dsp# massage But i dont have massage back !!! MY QUESTION IS what kind of massage i should have back from tracker and also how to go to map. i try track anywhere but don work kick me out every time i try to use. So please needsome held on this part of mine projects !!! THANKS

Hi,Happyflyer can you please tell me what app to use to check map with tracker info ?i try www.gps123.org but i dont see any info of mine tracker,i send text to tracker like dw# or dsp# but dont see any respond ?Try on my phone trackanywhere app but kick me out every time when try to loock map (have massage unfortunaly trackanywhere has stopped every time when try to look ) Do you have any advice ??
Thanks

FOUND WHAT IS MINE PROBLEM WORKS GOOD NOW Watch out when you register your master phone, most of the smartphones change the messages to add spaces after commas "," and so your phone never gets registered you really must look close:

eg: I wanted to send this: 123456,sos1,Number# and my phone corrected this into>> 123456, sos1, Number#
And so my phone was never registered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20