Please Help!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some help! So I bought a phantom 3 advanced in New Zealand. I am trying to recover some costs of shipping under warranty and the consumers guarantee act. To do this i need to prove that a lot of people use these drones for personal use rather than commercially. Could you please comment if you use your phantom 3 for personal use or if you have any tips?

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place

Thanks for the help!

In the states to fly commercially you have to have a FCC 333 exemption and be a licensed pilot. So that proves the majority of use is for hobbyists as there are minimal uses commercially compared to hobby use.

FAA Giidelines
Model aircraft operations are for hobby or recreational purposes only.
The FAA has partnered with several industry associations to promote Know Before You Fly, a campaign to educate the public about using unmanned aircraft safely and responsibly. Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:
* Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
* Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
* Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
* Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
* Don't fly near people or stadiums
* Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
* Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.

In the US, anybody can buy a UAV and use it for fun, but to use it commercially is prohibited unless one acquires an exemption which has certain restrictions. So it seems to me that fact proves that it's more likely that UAVs in the US are used for personal use rather than commercial use.

I have a P3S which is used solely for my personal enjoyment .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers