Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Standard Please help

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Samuel Castleton, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Samuel Castleton

Whenever I take my phantom three out for a flight I always record. Then when I come back inside I put the micro SD card into my computer. When I rewatch the video footage is very laggy. But when I watch on my phone it is very smooth. Could it be my computer that is making it laggy? My computer is an HP laptop that is only about two years old. My phone is an iPhone 6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Air Ontario

Yes, likely.
    Many "older" processor/graphics cards don't have the ability to handle all the data quickly enough to provide smooth video playback.

Your iPhone 6 has an A8 microprocessor chip which can handle the DJI App etc. and playback the vid, although I think the instant playback available(before you disconnect the bird) is only 720.

3. bbfpv

Time for an upgrade.

yankee65 likes this.
  4. Sinisalo

Yes this is exactly right, I had to buy a graphics card rather than use my onboard graphics for my desktop. Also I had to buy more ram for my desktop. I have heard of people using a service where you can upload the video then edit it from there but I don't remember what that service was. Any of the mac computers for sale today would work fine although your cheapest option would be the mac mini and provide your own monitor, keyboard, mouse. I know there are windows computers that will work but for a complete system that works you just can't go wrong with a mac.

5. Sinisalo

oh and one more thing you might try, copy the video to your computer first instead of playing it directly from the sd card.

6. DroneDestination

-How much RAM?
    -What processor?
    -What GPU?

7. Sinisalo

Based on my experience you need at least 8gb of ram, a quad core or better and 2.4ghz or better processor.And a GE Force GT730 or better GPU. HOWEVER, your results may vary based on other factors and that is why I am hesitant to recommend a build. I would rather just say that any mac computer that is on the market today will work fine. I spent $125 to double my ram and add a graphics card. Some computers just aren't worth throwing money at. This is my temporary solution until I find the right mac computer for me.