PLEASE HELP!!!!

Reaction score
I installed a Taco 3D Gimbal last night, and I brought my Phantom to work today to test fly it. The gimbal seems to be working just fine stabilizing the camera.

My phone wont connect to the camera anymore now. I've tried re-binding the WiFi extender with the camera, and it says that its successful, but then almost immediately the WiFi connection drops and the Phantom doesn't show up on my available WiFi options.

When I reset the WiFi extender, the Phantom shows up as a choice on my WiFi menu, but then the camera icon in the DJI software is a light gray color and I cannot select it.

I've uninstalled the DJI software from my phone and reinstalled it and tried from scratch, and I get the same result. Please help me figure out what I need to do to fix this!!!

Thank you!

Maybe your phone is seeing a better WIFI network that it recognises and keeps dropping the phantom connection?

I've got the Taco gimbal. I have noticed that it sometimes takes 2 or 3 attempts for the WiFi to connect. I have not had any issues once connected, but it can take several tries. I'm running 3.02 for the Phantom Software and the DJI Vision iPhone app, V. 1.0.37

I get a choice of what wifi network to connect to takes of where I am and what wifi sources are around. If I reset the extender, it'll let me connect to it but then the extender won't connect to the camera. If I link the extender to the camera, the extender won't show up as a choice to connect to.

Can you reconnect the original gimbal/camera and see if you can connect to the camera? Do you have an alternative device (phone, tablet) you can load the DJI app to and try connecting with that?

grochester said:
Can you reconnect the original gimbal/camera and see if you can connect to the camera? Do you have an alternative device (phone, tablet) you can load the DJI app to and try connecting with that?

Thank you Grochester; this is exactly what I needed to do to solve my problem. While installing the old hardware onto the Phantom, I realized that the cable going to the camera snaps in with a pretty good click. I DIDN'T HAVE THE VIDEO CABLE INSTALLED ALL THE WAY ON WITH THE NEW HARDWARE!!!!! Everything works great now. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic