please help

Reaction score
Hi all
i shot some video with my p4 and when i came home i noticed that the video had a little problem, the video was of a dock side with a road beside it , i dont know what its called but the stright lines seem to move, and the roofs that have tyles on them seem to display a moving pattern the video is quite nice except for this little problem, i dont know im making myself clear, really need your help guys.

cheer
john

In your settings drop your sharpness to -1 -2 or -3. The default sharpness causes what your seeing on edges.

You can change those settings in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Camera-Sharpness-Setting.jpg

hi all
tryed these settings guys but it seems worse, would it be possible for someone to post there setting that work, as this is doing my head in, i get great locations but when i check the playback its messed up, im about crying here guys lol

It`s called Moire, it's a pattern that's going to show up with any high resolution camera if you are shooting something that has a slight pattern to it like roofing. Additionally the phantom shoots at a low bit rate that does not help detailed areas in video such gradations or foliage. Most likely a 1080p export will be acceptable, the only other solution for 4k footage with that type of camera if you are experiencing moire would be to blur the footage slightly. There is a fine line between pixel peeping and accepting your footage as "good enough" for the application. Happy shooting!

I'd like to know more about what camera settings you're using --- resolution and frame rate specifically. The video you posted is 1080p. Are you shooting at a higher resolution and then downconverting?

hi all and thanks for helping, the video settings are
3840 X 2160 at 30 fps
mp4
ntsc
style
sharpness -2
contrast -2
saturation -2
colour d-log

thanks in advance
john

So you're shooting in 4k but the video you posted is in 1080p. Is that how you're rendering the video or did YouTube downconvert it? Do you see the moire on the 4k version of the video?

It's worse in 4k, i couldnt up it to my post as it was too big, i did shrink it down to 220mb but still to big thats why i posted a link to youtube, I used a program called handbreak to tidy it up then uploaded it to youtube

I think the first part was great,nice and clear.When he made the right turn to come home it got blurry but overall a nice video.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4