Please help! Unlevel gimbal

Reaction score
Hello all- new P2V+ owner here. I am having a problem that I have tried and tried and tried to solve but can't, so I am needing help!

My phantom 2 vision plus had a bad crash so I had to replace the ribbon cable. I got the camera working with no problems, but I can not for the life of me get the camera arm to sit level. When I power the phantom on, the gimbal just shakes violently. I have read all the fixes and watched a ton of videos on aligning the shaft with the circuit board to make sure they are level and the flat side of the shaft is facing down when the camera is level,, but as soon as I let go of the camera the arm falls to the left and still shakes when the phantom is powered on. It seems that there is no support to keep the gimbal from dropping to the left.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Not sure.. last thing you can do is an advanced IMU calibration.
If that doesn't work, then it sounds like one of the sensors is still out of whack.
Also recheck the flat flex cable install and make sure you unclip and then insert flex cable.

Thanks for the replies. Let me ask you this:

Is the potentiometer suppose to have enough force to hold the camera level or will it always let the gimbal arm hang freely? I feel like fine turns very easily but I also am not sure if it is suppose to or not. Do other people's cameras hang left and then set into the correct position when powered on?

The camera is not completely balanced. For roll, the camera-side (vs. the motor side) will hang lower (unpowered). For pitch, the lens hangs down. The pot offers no resistance to movement.

Txpilot said:
Hello all- new P2V+ owner here. I am having a problem that I have tried and tried and tried to solve but can't, so I am needing help!

My phantom 2 vision plus had a bad crash so I had to replace the ribbon cable. I got the camera working with no problems, but I can not for the life of me get the camera arm to sit level. When I power the phantom on, the gimbal just shakes violently. I have read all the fixes and watched a ton of videos on aligning the shaft with the circuit board to make sure they are level and the flat side of the shaft is facing down when the camera is level,, but as soon as I let go of the camera the arm falls to the left and still shakes when the phantom is powered on. It seems that there is no support to keep the gimbal from dropping to the left.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

The flat faces up not down....... :lol: Get back in there and spin it around.

Txpilot said:
Thanks for the replies. Let me ask you this:

Is the potentiometer suppose to have enough force to hold the camera level or will it always let the gimbal arm hang freely? I feel like fine turns very easily but I also am not sure if it is suppose to or not. Do other people's cameras hang left and then set into the correct position when powered on?

The potentiometer is not for holding or positioning the gimbal. It is simply a variable resistor and is used to sense the position.
The brushless servo motors actually do the work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic