Please help! Tarot T-2D Software v 1.4 Problems

Reaction score
Hi All, I have been trying to make adjustments to the Tarot gimbal in the ZYX software, so that I can control the angle of tilt and sensitivity. The problem I am having is that each time I try and connect by opening the com port, the software crashes and closes down. It will let me do a straight firmware upgrade on both the control board and the motors as you do not use the com for this. I have been trying to resolve this for 2 days now and it's driving me mad...

Whilst I have been trying to resolve this, the gimbal has now decided to have a mind of it's own and is shaking, tilting and doing whatever it wants. Do you think that the software has introduced a bug? I have been trying to download a fresh copy of the software but the site looks to be down and does nothing when I click the link.

Has anyone else had these problems? If so, please can you provide me with details on how to fix it?

Many thanks.

P.S. I am using Win XP and all of the drivers are installed etc.

Veedleschnapper said:
Hi All, I have been trying to make adjustments to the Tarot gimbal in the ZYX software, so that I can control the angle of tilt and sensitivity. The problem I am having is that each time I try and connect by opening the com port, the software crashes and closes down. It will let me do a straight firmware upgrade on both the control board and the motors as you do not use the com for this. I have been trying to resolve this for 2 days now and it's driving me mad...

Whilst I have been trying to resolve this, the gimbal has now decided to have a mind of it's own and is shaking, tilting and doing whatever it wants. Do you think that the software has introduced a bug? I have been trying to download a fresh copy of the software but the site looks to be down and does nothing when I click the link.

Has anyone else had these problems? If so, please can you provide me with details on how to fix it?

Many thanks.

P.S. I am using Win XP and all of the drivers are installed etc.

It sounds like a driver issue. Can you uninstall the USB com driver and reinstall? Do you have a separate computer you could try connecting to?

As to the shaking, it could be a few things, like defaulting to bad gains, motor cables on the wrong connectors, maybe mixing up motor/IMU connectors during firmware update? Will probably require some trial and error.

ElGuano - thanks for your reply.

I suspected a driver issue myself, so I had already tried that. I have also just downloaded v1.3 of the ZYX software and done an install of 1.3 firmware to both controller and motors. Again, I still have the same issues.

As for the motor connectors, neither had been moved and they are connected to the right plugs as per wiring diagram.

I'm at a total loss as to why this has happened and how to resolve it. Is this gimbal temperamental? Poorly made? I wonder if others are having similar issues?

Thanks for trying.

Anyone else got any ideas?

If you're crashing on opening a COM port, that's still likely to be a USB/driver issue, do you have another computer you could try to connect to?

Also, since this thread last resurfaced, Tarot V1.5 software has been released, and it's recommended upgrading to it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4