Please Help Quad Destroyed

flyNfrank said:
eyecon82 said:
Mine just almost fell out of the sky yesterday http://youtu.be/ogExIuRQHC0

What did you do to regain control of your quad? Also was the home point in the direction it began flying towards before you stopped it? So glad you saved from flying off!
I just hit a bunch of switches. Turned my controller off and back on and luckily regained control. It was a tense 5 seconds

Hughie said:
flyNfrank said:
Sorry I took so long to get this up!
I took images of the last 50-60 lines of data I have from the flight. I also added what each column is for a reference above & below the 3 .csv file images.

Next thing to pay attention to is the Voltage, and look close to see in most cases the Voltage change dictates the Number of Satellites.

flyNfrank - really pleased that you are diligently applying forensics to this, I hope it puts us all in a better place in terms of understanding why we are seeing these issues.

I have never seen any flytrex logs, but it did occur to me that there is a disproportionate drop in voltage near the end of the last log image. You are inferring that this is contributing to the number of satellites - I am not sure this is necessarily true, but even if it was, isnt that kind of voltage drop normal in a Lipo at that level. i.e. there is a long linear degredation and then it drops like a brick once it gets to a given low point. Can you eliminate this suggestion from other data you have seen ?

It has become apparent when the logged voltages drops the number of satellites improve. Some of that is believed to be in relation to flytrex gps wire harness. So when you see the voltage drop in the logged data, it's a indication the motors are spinning higher rpm's.

eyecon82 said:
flyNfrank said:
eyecon82 said:

What did you do to regain control of your quad? Also was the home point in the direction it began flying towards before you stopped it? So glad you saved from flying off!
I just hit a bunch of switches. Turned my controller off and back on and luckily regained control. It was a tense 5 seconds

Generally just switching the S1 from GPS mode to ATTI mode and then back to the GPS mode, will work. You still should have probably went and bought a scratch off ticket. lol!

Guys I spent time on the phone with DJI Tech Support, and the dealer in which I bought all 3 of the phantom Vision and Plus from. And both made the shocking statement that my call was the 1st they had heard of this V3 Issue!

This has to mean that the claims we're hearing about are not getting reported.

eyecon82 wrote:

I noticed right at the end of the video, 22 seconds in, that you turn 180 degrees and it shows you flew close to a large white tower with aerials on the top. Could it have been radio interference which caused your problem?

I thought it was, but it does appear to have aerials on the top. However, if you have flown over it many times before, it is clearly not the source of the problem.

Frank... DBS just lost his v3 P2V+ in a similar fashion. Have you two guys compared notes? It looks like there's a design flaw with the wiring between the new motors and ESCs...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Frank... DBS just lost his v3 P2V+ in a similar fashion. Have you two guys compared notes? It looks like there's a design flaw with the wiring between the new motors and ESCs...

-slinger

We haven't spoken together directly. But I saw where he felt like his situation was of his own making. I posted in his thread and mentioned I didn't think it happened the way he thought it to be.

They are going to replace my quad and sent me a RMA good for 30 days. This is actually the 1st I have mentioned anything on that part.

flyNfrank said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

We haven't spoken together directly. But I saw where he felt like his situation was of his own making. I posted in his thread and mentioned I didn't think it happened the way he thought it to be.

They are going to replace my quad and sent me a RMA good for 30 days. This is actually the 1st I have mentioned anything on that part.

That is a result.
For others who need to go through the process in the future, what would you say are the key points needed in order to persuade DJI to replace (rather than do nothing or offer a discount on a next purchase) ?

I guess number 1 is that you have to have possesion of the quad.
What others led you to get an agreement to replace ?

Also, do you get to find out what the cause was when they get it back ?

Thanks

Customer said:
So are you happy with Dji's actions? Will they be sending you the upgraded model?

And the other thing I can't get my head around....
I understood from the long thread (please correct me if I am wrong) that you had upgraded you quad. How come this did not invalidate your warranty ?

Thanks

Frank glad to hear they have decided to replace it at no cost to you. See good things happen to good people. I sent just the drone back yesterday to B&H Photo. They also agreed to exchange it. They gave me a choice of either giving me a full refund or just exchange it. I was fine with them just exchanging the drone. I kept everything else and just shipped the drone to them. One of the motors on the camera is going bad. It jumps, almost like a dead spot....view here to see what I am talking about >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCTs_-ZkFTw

flyNfrank said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Great to hear Frank... Hope you're back up in the air soon. DBS now understands the problem wasn't of his own making. You may want to take a quick look at that topic, especially since you'll no doubt wind up with version 3 on your replacement bird...

-slinger

Frank deserves the replacement ! Reading over these crash posts really helps to get some insight to how these phantoms operate and causes of failure. Thanks so much for sharing !

What goes up must come down-and it ain't always pretty or cheap! Gravity gets everybody eventually.

Thanks again -Happy New Years to all!

flyNfrank said:
Guys I spent time on the phone with DJI Tech Support, and the dealer in which I bought all 3 of the phantom Vision and Plus from. And both made the shocking statement that my call was the 1st they had heard of this V3 Issue!

This has to mean that the claims we're hearing about are not getting reported.

How long has the v3 been out? It's been two months now?

gunslinger said:
flyNfrank said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Great to hear Frank... Hope you're back up in the air soon. DBS now understands the problem wasn't of his own making. You may want to take a quick look at that topic, especially since you'll no doubt wind up with version 3 on your replacement bird...

-slinger

Just wanted to clarify that DBS ALWAYS understood it was not of his own making... and never said anything to that effect...

I clarified that a bit more in my thread but I don't know where this idea came from that I thought my crash was my fault... there is nothing I've said to indicate that :evil:

Hughie said:
That is a result.
For others who need to go through the process in the future, what would you say are the key points needed in order to persuade DJI to replace (rather than do nothing or offer a discount on a next purchase) ?

I guess number 1 is that you have to have possesion of the quad.
What others led you to get an agreement to replace ?

Also, do you get to find out what the cause was when they get it back ?

Thanks

To express the way I feel after 3 conversations, two with dji tech support, and one with the general manager where I buy my quads would be,....I'll believe it when I see it. I did drill the tech's pretty good yesterday on the fact that dji is to replace the quad. They kept on insuring me that once the repair tech starts on my quad and see's the info in the file on what took place added reinsurance.

They said as soon as the tech get's it unpacked he will be in contact with me by way of email. I'll find out then what they really know about the V3 problem. And it's because of this process it will allow me to be in direct contact with those that have the best knowledge on this subject.

DBS said:
gunslinger said:
flyNfrank said:

-slinger

Just wanted to clarify that DBS ALWAYS understood it was not of his own making... and never said anything to that effect...

I clarified that a bit more in my thread but I don't know where this idea came from that I thought my crash was my fault... there is nothing I've said to indicate that :evil:

DBS... Sorry. I didn't mean to aid in disseminating that incorrect info. My apologies...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
DBS said:

DBS... Sorry. I didn't mean to aid in disseminating that incorrect info. My apologies...

-slinger

No apologies necessary slinger... Just being clear on what i said is all... I ain't trippin on nobody... :ugeek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.