Please HELP PHANTOM 1 missing in Oxford, UK.

Reaction score
Hi all, im absolutely gutted, my phantom 1 ran out of battery whilst finding itself home. This is the first time this has happened to me. Words cannot describe how im feeling right now.

The quad just came into sight only for me to see the auto decent feature kick in and what seemed like a battery power failure.
Ok so i have made leaflets and hand delivered them to every one who may or might find it in my area.

I have searched for hours on end through muddy fields and nothing :(

My next idea is a rescue mission for anyone with a quadcopter and also happen to live in Oxford or near by to take a fly over the same flight path that i have mapped out in the hopes of finding it.

Pleaseeeeee help

Re: Please HELP PHANTOM 1 fly away in Oxford

I feel your pain & anxiety but for practical purposes (and not to mislead newer folks) technically running out of battery isn't a fly away. A fly away is when your Phantom due to interference, malfunction etc... takes off in a direction NOT piloted by you on it's own accord and keeps going and you have absolutely no control of the craft.

I wish you luck in your recovery

Man, that totally blows, I sure hope you get it back, have you put a ad in the paper? I try to always head home at 30%, and I have a 'If found please call xxx-xxx-xxx REWARD!' sticker on the bottom. I sure hope I will never need it. Good luck in your recovery efforts.

F6Rider said:
and I have a 'If found please call xxx-xxx-xxx REWARD!' sticker on the bottom. I sure hope I will never need it. Good luck in your recovery efforts.

This is an excellent idea. I'm going to add one of these to mine too just in case.

ShotBy.CA said:
F6Rider said:
and I have a 'If found please call xxx-xxx-xxx REWARD!' sticker on the bottom. I sure hope I will never need it. Good luck in your recovery efforts.

This is an excellent idea. I'm going to add one of these to mine too just in case.

Check out the 3rd item on this page: http://www.signsoflife.net/phantom-graphics.php

He'd probably be willing to do a Canadian version if you asked (he's a nice guy and member of this forum)

Man, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. If I were there I would fly and help you locate it. Like the guys said above, it's a good idea to have the reward sticker on the bird. At least it betters your chance of getting it back. I made this one up and printed it out on glossy paper and stuck on mine. Yes, you have my permission to copy it and print your # on it. It looks Government and I did that for a reason....LOL

By the way, You did try using "Find My Phantom" right?

ruqs.jpg

The sticker is a really good idea. And find my phantom??? How does that work??

Also could some one please message Pull_up and i know he lives in my area, i would message him but as im new on here it wont let me send messages yet.

Find some teenage boys and have a "contest". Whoever finds the Phantom wins fifty bucks. They'll search all night.

sorry to hear about your incident, I hope you'll find it soon!

In the future, you might want to install a tracker device; either a tk102b which seems to be quite popular due to its great price:performance or an analog beacon that doesn't rely on the cellular phone network which works just great for our use.

Where does the " Find my Phantom" map show as the last location, have you been there? What is the last thing you saw on the FPV screen, any obvious landmarks or clues?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good idea Leo I will be doing that if I get another one or find this one.
Seahorse I didn't have fpv :( I have been using google maps to try and chart the flight path...And have put flyers through the door of any houses that maybe near by.... I have been looking for hours and hours. But nothing.

Does find my phantom work with the P1????

Hello,

Been out running my toddler group this morning (it's all rock 'n roll chez Pull_Up). I'm not too far away in Wallingford and wouldn't mind helping at all. My availability is limited, though and let's face it the weather's looking absolute crap for the next few days...

Earliest I've got any time now is Friday, then we're into school half-term and I'm away Saturday until Wednesday - and then my oldest is off school so I'm even more restricted than usual. Another local flyer is DeweyAXD on these forums (lives a couple of miles away from me) and he might be able to help out. I think the weather is going to be the main issue in getting it found.

I can vouch for using kids, though. When I stuffed mine into a tree way back when there were a group of three tweenage lads who helped out then said they'd come over to look next morning to see if it had blown down (it had) - I had my number on the top using a label-maker and they gave me a call as they had been up at first light to get it! Only cost me £5 a head. ;)

Good luck, I'll drop you a PM on Thursday if the forecast for Friday looks like it might be on...

marlon28 said:
Does find my phantom work with the P1????

/my bad, I have a P2V, I believe that feature is not available on a P1 [DIZZY FACE]

Mine has a label with my name and mobile number on it. Still awaiting delivery of a cheap GPS tracker, £20 seems a worthwhile insurance policy.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Woohoooooooo I got it back. So happy. But on the down side the gopro and gimbal were soaked. Opened her up and the circuit boards and the naza were dry.
Seahorse which gps did you go for???

Really glad for you getting your Phantom back. I know the pain - when I was much younger I built a 4 channel Heath Kit radio and receiver plus an over wing model. First flight got too far downwind and could not bring it back over about 500 acres of corn fields. Looked or weeks going thru corn day after day....One day ran into an old farmer who said " It's out there in the barn"! No questions asked just relief...and gave him 20 bucks which was quite a sum in those days. So happy you got your ship back. I know the pain!

Just saw this.... great to hear a happy ending!. I was about to offer my services to help in the next break of the weather.

I was getting all revved up to get out there with the XuGong 10 on a hunt! As Pull_up suggested the weather is a bit of a major issue though so its unlikely it would have been until Sunday if you believe the forecast. Plus if you've seen my recent 'sign post' issue you may have thought twice about using me :lol:

Still... if it is just rain water it is pretty clean and less corrosive than river water (or worse still salt water!). Keep the H3 dry and warm for at LEAST 2 full days before even thinking about turning it on.... most of the PCB board is coated in a preotective agent iirc... they are tough buggers.

I'll go back to awaiting my next chance for a rescue effort!.... it will probably be me rescueing my own device :lol:

marlon28 said:
Woohoooooooo I got it back. So happy. But on the down side the gopro and gimbal were soaked. Opened her up and the circuit boards and the naza were dry.
Seahorse which gps did you go for???

One of these, due this week. Glad to hear you got it back, I know how sick I felt the other week searching the woods. Bird came down exactly where it was shown on the map. Shame the farmer got to it before I did, still once he rang my mobile from the sticker under her... :cool:

I'm a GTU10 fan myself... its a bit wallet busting but in a situation like this you'd know it would last out in the elements for 7 day with a nice app to find it with too.
Don't get me wrong the Amazon options can work fine but I've owned one that wouldn't work with with 3G sim cards.... hard to find a non 3G one these days.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl