Please Help - P4P Rocking During Hover

Reaction score
i have noticed this the last few flights. when hovering regardless of how high off of the ground, my P4P rocks/shakes forward and backward (not side to side at all). i can hear the motors pulsing. it has only been flown a handful of times and never been crashed or even had a hard landing. I have flown helicopters and quads for 15 years.

is this just an IMU thing? while i have recalibrated the gimbal several times, i have only calibrated the IMU i think once or twice since i bought it. it never told me to do it but when i first got it i had read some posts here and there that you should calibrate it. to the best of my knowledge – it was calibrated on a perfectly flat surface. only other thing i can think of is that i just took it on four flights getting down to nashville and back. it was in checked luggage in a nice Case Club wheeled case like this:

9454158e11b8fa740ec7ef1d1a726b32.jpg

it was doing this rocking thing when i flew it down there but it never did it before that. here are some vids showing the issue:

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

...any ideas?

You have probably tried this, but put on a different set of props and check the balance on the ones you were flying with. Or change one prop at a time and see if the rocking goes away or gets worse. That's the easiest thing to try.

i have prop balancers for 450 trex copters, my 600 size logo, and then the really big boys (260 gasser and maxi joker 2). i don't know that any of them will work.

what is the best prop balancer for P4P blades?

Last edited:
I had this same rocking. I change props and went away, but now I have stress cracks around all 4 vents, about 16 of them. Started as very small hairline cracks, but grew over 30 flights to meet with each other over the vent humps. Sending back to dji on Monday .
Moral of my long boring story? Don't be like me, Figure it out better sooner than later.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl